“Too snooty for me”

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Too snooty for me”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice. There is no view on the northern side, 2nd floor, unless you like the view of the basketball courts and children playground. I noticed that the last series of balconies are at a steeper angle that the rest. I am not an engineer, yet I built several buildings and this would never pass a safety inspection. Staff are great. Beds are great. I've traveled the world. I would never stay here again due to their militant non - smoking attitude. I can go to an area and have a cigarette, to be regulated to smoke on the curb ( where they have their ashtrays) like a dog is a poor choice by management. The rusting fixtures in the bathroom also make for great concern of their attitude from ownership. Having been a travel agent in the past. I would not recommend this location unless your new to traveling. Great people. Poorly executed rooms. There is not even a coffee maker. There are no tables on the balcony. Where can I put my coffee, oh thats right, no coffee maker. Bad decisions and judgment by management. Shame on them. Great concept. Failure to execute. Check the room rates. Posted rate in room is different than charged. Will be submitting complaint to all proper agencies.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BigAlnyc
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. If we had been made aware of your concerns, our courteous and professional staff would have been promptly addressed them while you were here. As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the hotel, we pride ourselves on our safe, clean, well maintained and well- appointed accommodations. The beautiful oceanfront location of our hotel allows us to offer a variety of room choices and views, depending on personal preferences. Our rates vary within the time of the year, packages and discount offers, as well as room type. I am happy to hear and also agree that you find our "hotel is nice", "our staff is great" and "our beds are great also".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Carlstadt, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just came back home from 3 nights at the Pan American Hotel. Perfect hotel. Spotless. Fabulous staff. I was part of a senior group, and you know us seniors, we can be cranky, but I did not hear any complaints. Cute decor with planes in lobby and loved the metal sculpture map in Hospitality Room. All rooms have a balcony and the pool area was beautiful. Unfortunately weather did not cooperate but I would have loved to just sit on one of the lounge chairs overlooking the ocean. I will confess to being jealous of some of the other rooms. Since I was just one person in room, it was on the small size compared to some of the other rooms. Adequate but after I saw some of my friends rooms, jealous. Some were directly facing beach and had kitchens and could accommodate a family. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend who is planning to come down with some of her family during summer.

Room Tip: Try to get one of those rooms directly facing ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently spent a week at the Pan American. I have to say, the room was very comfortable...possibly the most comfortable I've stayed in these last several years. That's saying a lot because I stay in hotels at least 100 nights a year.
I found the bed very comfortable, and the pillows..the thing I usually have a problem with, perfect.
The rooms are large (mine had a kitchen and living room), the staff is friendly, the parking convenient, and the restaurant very good (I had the best meatloaf, roasted potatoes and spinach I can remember). The hotel is right on the beach, but they have a very nice pool as well.
I'd stay there again, and I'd recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I like the room I had...facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I needed to get away from work stress just to unwind a little. I called the Pan American and as usual Tanya and Greg were fantastic. They worked to get me a great room and a great rate. I have been staying at the Pan American for at least three years now and will never go anywhere else. Rooms are very clean and staff is very accommodating. I take advantage of their packages especially the Columbus day package. The grounds are always well maintained and the little "touches" that are always there are very nice. I have really only stayed here "in season" once, and that stay was just as pleasurable and hassle free as all the times I've stayed "off season". A great place, we really liked the gas fire-rings for 2014 and the Adirondack chairs. Only complaint is that there should be a few more as it was difficult to get a seat by the fire

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EastCoastTech
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great stay at Pan American in Wildwood Crest NJ.. Very Clean and Comfortable with views of the beach and Ocean from the balcony. Nice restaurant and Bike rentals close by..Very cozy king sized bed. I arrived early and they were able to accomodate me.

Room Tip: Not 401 right under the AC unit. A bit noisy if you like to sit on balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Spent several days with multiple friends in May of 2014. Outstanding accommodations at every level - beautiful rooms-excellent staff-all details top notch. We are all coming back next year - reserved at check-out. I have never been to a property which exceeds the quality and value of the Pan American. Special thanks to Marcella at the front desk for all her kind assistance. Philosophy products in the bath were an extremely pleasant surprise! See you in 2015!

Room Tip: All views are good, but I prefer oceanfront or pool side-beautiful sunrises!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed this past weekend for the wildwood Half marathon. The front desk was exceptionally nice. The property is well maintained. We were there pre season and the pool was heated and in excellent condition. The deck was scrubbed daily - with a life guard. Our room was on the 4th floor great view but under the " wedding" - we asked to be moved because of noise- we were relocated with pleasure to a bigger room- I would stay here again next year for the wildwood half marathon.
Ed was exceptionally nice and accommodating. Brand new towels- housekeeping was easy to find when needed. If you like clean- this is the place.

Room Tip: Stay on Floor 2
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Pan American Hotel? Share your experiences!