“DONT WASTE YOUR $”

Plum Tree Inn Williamstown
Plum Tree Inn Williamstown
Ranked #1 of 2 Williamstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012

After driving for 15 hours we needed a decent place to get some sleep. The price seemed reasonable until we stepped into the room. It was so dirty that I was afraid to remove my shoes, the air conditioner did not work, and there were stains on the sheets. We ended up trying to sleep in the car in the parking lot. What a waste of money! Just DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 17 March 2012

the room smelled like cigarets and there were cigaret burn marks on the sheets and covers. when i arrived i found bugs flying around, the beds did not even fit the frame so they looked like they were going to tip over. and i am almost possitively sure that the tick that got on my kid came from this room. the reservation was for 4 and there were only 2 towels in the bathrooms. the free wi-fi yeah right you could barely get on because of how weak the signal is. continental breakfast i wonder where that was.
I will never stay here again or suggest it for that matter.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank iris j
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the front desk staff is very nice. The room was overpriced and there was not even 2 sheets on the bed-only 1 dirty sheet and a stained blanket.There were dead stinkbugs trapped behind tape around the picture frame over the bed -at least they were dead! The blinds did not work so the sunlight came streaming in at 6:00 (not that I slept much anyway-waiting for something to crawl over me).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Michael J, Manager at Plum Tree Inn Williamstown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Hello PetuniaBlossom0619,

I am so sorry your stay with us was less than satisfactory. But, did you address your issues with the front desk staff at the time you realized them? We would have done our very best to correct your issues at that time. I have recently been appointed to the position of manager here at the Plum Tree Inn. I am working feverishly to make certain every issue is addressed. If you would be so kind as to contact me at the hotel I would really like to hear your concerns. I truly value your opinon and comments. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Toothpaste splatters all over the bathroom mirror from the previous occupant, empty condom box in the nightstand. Sheets were damp, refrigerator unplugged with door ajar, no temp/fan control in sight. I was afraid to touch anything, could not wait to get out of there in the morning. Honestly, I wish I'd slept in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Just don't.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Save yourself from staying here. There is a new Best Western down the pike which we should have stayed at. There is a coupon for $64.00 for the Best Western in one of the magazines at a rest stop which we wish we would have taken advantage of. Whatever you do, you can do better than this place. Dirty rug, dirty shower - linens seemed clean, but I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2008

This was already a poor experience, from the moment we walked into the room, the un-fresh, over-powering scent of something stale was all we could smell. The walls were dirty, the door filthy with a broken lock attached, but not functioning. There are two microwaves in the room, one of which works (Why haven't they removed the other one? It's just ugly with broken knobs). The beds are hard, but sleepable. The pillows, however, are old, and flat. I called the main office to ask for a few more pillows, and they waiting 4 minutes, and called back asking if we really needed more pillows. The man at the desk was somehow accusing me of .. housing fugitives in my room? He repeatedly asked if I had more than two people in my room. I said no, but we'd like more pillows. He kept repeating that there are already two pillows on each bed, and asking if I had more people in the room. That sounds like a great way to run a hotel, accusing your guests of..housing, what? Homeless people? Who does he think I have in here? He asked if I absolutely needed more pillows, I said, "well, no, but we'd like them, thanks." he continued to argue so I gave up. Horrible horrible service. You won't catch me spending any money with econolodge again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FredFredrickson
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We just stayed at this place along the route of a long drive. This hotel was one of the cheapest around and it's perfectly fine. The property and room (especially the bathroom) were dated and patched and repaired many times over. Towels, soap and toilet paper were all pretty cheap. Our in room heater made a ton of noise. However, the staff was very friendly, the hotel seemed very safe, the room was spottlessly cleaned, each room has a fridge and microwave and you get a perfectly acceptable continental breakfast. If you're looking for a bargain basement price in a place that is clean and safe, this is a good choice. If you're looking for something more elegant, then you'll have to pay more for it. All in all, this place served its purpose quite well at a very reasonable price. I'd return again for a brief stay like this one.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 5 in Hammonton
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood

Been to Plum Tree Inn Williamstown? Share your experiences!