Gorah Elephant Camp(Addo Elephant National Park)
US$1,149
US$907
Priceline
Kuzuko Lodge(Addo Elephant National Park)
Hotels.com
Zuurberg Mountain Village(Addo Elephant National Park)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
River Bend Lodge(Addo Elephant National Park)
TripAdvisor
Addo Elephant Lodge and Safaris(Addo Elephant National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Addo Elephant Country Estate(Addo Elephant National Park)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfamily cottagethe cottagesself cateringrest campeasy accessvervet monkeyssouthern halfmin drivesouthern endmain gatepark gateself drivesan parksbraai areanight stayfridge freezergame park
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I visited Addo recently with my son and we chose to stay at Matyholweni rather than the main camp because we liked the fact that it was much smaller and had close and easy access to Port Elizabeth. The camp was Iovley and is well cared for. The unit was nice and clean. It’s a self catering camp - I would recommend buying your supplies in Port Elizabeth rather than the nearby Kwik Spar in Colchester - we bought our meat there and the quality was not great. We have great game viewing in the Park and really enjoyed our time there.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay H
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The accommodation (family cottage) is small but adequate. The amazing thing is that the forest is so thick that you cannot see neighbours. There is no cell phone service and no camp restaurant but the supermarket and good restaurant is 6km away outside the park gate if you need anything.

Room Tip: Book early due to limited availability (15 cottages only)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This camp is well situated at the south of the park. We chose to stay here as we had a flight from port Elizabeth airport this next day. There is a bbq and basic kitchen facilities. You can go in and out of the parks main gate 24 hours if you stay here so can go out to a restaurant (there is one called park view just outside the gate). Alternatively there is a a kwikspar 5 minutes away. Chalets could do with a refurbishment but the location is great.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank T10Tom
Reviewed 8 March 2018

I booked a 2 people cottage, and after staying at many San Parks camps in Kruger I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised as this was far better. The room was large, clean and the bedding and towels relatively new. The shower was spacious with strong water pressure. The room has ample lighting so feels bright and from the balcony there is a beautiful view with no obstructions so you don’t see the neighbouring huts either. There was a small TV in the room but I couldn’t get it to work. In terms of the kitchen there’s a fridge freezer, microwave, toaster, pots /pans, plates, cutlery and cooking utensils. There is also 24 hour access to the outside of the park so although there are no amenities in camp, you can drive to the BP station with a large Spar attached only 5 minutes away.
As for the wildlife I found the south of the park more productive, and for me the Vukani loop (J33) was the best. At 6 am in that one road I saw Eland, Warthog, Zebra, Red Hartebeest, Kudu, Ostrich and a huge heard of Buffalo! Another beautiful spot in the southern half is Lismore waterhole, which attracted a large heard of Elephants including infants and was never busy with cars unlike sightings around Main camp. I preferred Mathyholweni to main camp due to being more quiet and would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnP72
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stayed a night at the Matyholweni Rest Camp. It is an ideal place to stay if you want more time to explore the park.
We love the clean and spacious room. I would recommend to be aware of the monkeys, that actually are kind of your neighbors.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple