“Perfect for surfing, chill-out”
Review of Beach Music

Beach Music
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed in a Deluxe Double Room with a large private balcony. Well equipped room with a very beautiful view. Clean and felt safe. The shared kitchen is large and it was seldom other people there.
In our room, there was no door for the toilet/bathroom - a bit odd.

We were there to chill-out and study in the end of a long vacation on Western and Eastern Cape. This place is mostly occupied by surfers. They have a large and nice brai/BBQ area, however we never used it.

This is a great place. Only downside was that the internet connectivity was a bit shaky. If you're a surfer it probably doesn't matter, however it affected my studies a bit. Otherwise it is very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed in a beautiful room with large balcony overlooking the beach, staff very helpful with booking in and advice on eating and shopping.
Definitely recommended for a stay in this area and amazing value as well.
Great for direct access to the beach, just along from Supertubes, ideal for surfers and backpackers with large braii and eating area

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

before coming to jeffreys bay i contact a friend for a place and advice me to go beach music, when i was there i got an excellent service, they are friendly staff..
I was sad to leave that place, it was comfortable there, plus with the sound of the supertube wave in my ears make my day and night...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I'm sad because we only discovered this place on our last night in J-Bay! When in J-bay we usually stay at a backpackers around the corner but this time we just found it too noisy for our taste. Friends of ours had stayed at Beach Music previously and they loved it so we gave them a call to see if they had room.
Because it was only for one night we took the very cheapest room - I think it was R300/night (low season rate though) and for that amount the value for money was excellent. The room was really clean, had ensuite bathroom, it was tastefully appointed with a little outside area complete with table and 2 chairs. The other rooms that I saw were obviously more expensive but much bigger with access on to the lawn and sea views. The upstairs communal area was what really sold me though, very open and light, beautiful sea views (and looks on to Supertubes - important for surfers) with a kitchen and a nice braai area and balcony.

I'm not the biggest fan of J-bay but as a surfer's wife have no choice but to visit every now and again - so it's really nice to have found such a lovely place to stay and I don't think I'll stay anywhere else in future. The owners have really managed to create a quiet hideaway in a town which can be a little overwhelming!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed in room three for a few nights. Its the perfect location, safe, relaxed and clean. The staff are really nice and hooked me up with a great local surf school. I was on my own but soon met people in a calm relaxed atmospher, great to chill watch the sun go down with new friends.Must be one of the best in J Bay.

Room Tip: Room 3 was excellent with a great location and hammock
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was our second time at the Beach Music house, and we love the seaside holiday home feel of the place. You cannot get a better location in terms of access to the beach at Supertubes, so if you love surfing, this is the place to go!

We had the second floor room with a balcony overlooking Supertubes. Our room also had an ensuite bathroom (with both a bath and a shower), wardrobe for clothes, bar fridge (not stocked), coffee/tea making faciities and TV. We had easy access to the communal kitchen where we could get crockery and cutlery, and prepare meals if we wanted to.

There is also a braai area in the garden below, and a boardwalk pathway down to the beach. For the surfers, there is an outside shower to rinse yourself and/or your wetsuit after the surf session.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tpepler
Reviewed 20 August 2012

What a lovely place! SO relaxing and what a view. The proximity to the beach is really great. I'm sure it must be even better in summer when you want to escape the heat of the day to this lovely, cool establishment. Great value for money too.Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The PENTHOUSE would of course be first prize but the APARTMENT where we stayed was really great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends