You arrive and park in a very narrow space and then ring and wait and ring again and wait and the entrace is through the back and not very inviting. The staircase going up the penthouse suite is very narrow and steep. A TV set is on full blast and the maids are watching.
We had the honeymoon suite or penthouse suite, in other words the best room in the house. It looks beautiful when you arrive, nice and bright and has a great view of the beach BUT
- when you open the all the curtains you realise that the terrace is for everyone not just for you and other people can see into your room, so curtains closed on one side
- the his and her wash bassins are cute but there is not even a shelf to put your toilettry bag, not very practical
- there is a small complementary tray for coffee and tea but no fridge
- the the biggest problem is that behind the wall of kingsized bed is the kitchen, so you get woken up to the sounds of cupboard doors being banged shut and pots and pans…not my idea of a romantic wake up
On the plus side, the oval bathtub for 2 is great and you do have a view of the sea from it. The double shower is also nice but the building next door can see you in it. They also provide foldable beach chairs and towels which is good since you have to go elsewhere if you want to actually go in the water.
We did not feel especially welcome and the staff was not very helpful with luggage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On The Beach Boutique Guesthouse and Suites in Jeffreys Bay offers a relaxed and refined atmosphere in which to enjoy the spectacular setting right on the beach. The classic design, elegant décor and harmonious ambience, combined with incredible views from most rooms, as well as the upstairs lounge, bar and outdoor verandahs, relaxes and rejuvenates and is ideal for business, pleasure - or both. We offer free use of our beach chairs, -umbrellas and -towels to our guests. Experience the magic of a sundowner barbeque right on the edge of the beach ... Braai/barbecue facilities and picnic tables are available in front of the guesthouse, either on the front lawn in the sculpted, indiginous garden leading down to the beach or on the sand lower down - obviously all with great views! The braai room is fully equipped with Weber braai's, tongs, cutlery, crockery and glasses to be used on wooden picnic tables outside. Perfectly located just 50 minutes from the Port Elizabeth International Airport. The accommodation features a Penthouse Room, 2 Deluxe Rooms, 2 Superior Rooms, a Luxury Room, a Standard Room and 2 Two-bedroom Suites. Most Units have direct beach access and breathtaking beach and ocean views. Reveling in the splendor of its location, the upstairs lounges, bar, dining area and balcony is a celebration of the magnificent backdrop of the Indian Ocean which makes for a picture perfect setting. The soothing sound of the rolling waves soon becomes a constant reminder of exactly where one has come to unwind and rejuvenate. Watch dolphins and surfers share the same waves and experience luxury in harmony with nature. Allow us to share our warm hospitality and world class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your On the Beach Guesthouse, B&B, Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.