“Excellent”

Sea Whisper Guest House & Self Catering
Ranked #10 of 50 Jeffreys Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice place in JBay. We had a very nice breakfast with good coffee. The bed is very comfortable and the room is clean. I recommend this place to anyone traveling to Jbay. I had a great stay.
The staff was very helpful. We arrive very late and they took us to restaurant for food. We appreciated it very much.

Room Tip: You have a nice view in the room 5.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Michele S, Owner at Sea Whisper Guest House & Self Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Sea Whisper and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to achieve a good balance between accommodation, food and guest service and are the first to admit that sometimes we don't get the right balance but continue to try, so that when we have a great review like yours we are so pleased that the effort to achieve this is working. It was no problem to take you down to the restaurant, as I know you arrived tired and hungry. Thanks for staying at Sea Whisper.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at Sea Whisper and it is absolutely wonderful. Firstly, the room is great with a comfortable bed and nice amenities. The view is breathtaking and the location is perfect with just a short walk to the beach and the shops. Secondly, the breakfast was delicious with a range of hot and cold foods. Finally the staff and owners were wonderful. They are very interesting and knowledgable and go the extra mile to ensure that your stay is enjoyable not only at the B and B but in SA in general. I really recommend this place and am completely confused by the negative review. The owners are very fair and the prices are certainly fixed and as they appear on the website. This is a real gem!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Michele S, Owner at Sea Whisper Guest House & Self Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

The guest house industry is so competitive these days, that all aspects of the business have to be finely tuned and balanced to create a really great experience for our guests. We are always seeking new ways to improve our service and our sevice delivery, while still making sure that guests feel at home, comfortable and relaxed.

Thank you so much for your constructive and kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Michele & Dorvin

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I recently spent two nights in Jeffrey's Bay ( initially we only planned on staying one night) whilst travelling to our family in Plett. We were so amazed at the great service we received on arrival and at how welcoming everyone was. We enjoyed the breakfasts so much that we weren't hungry for the rest of the day. Our room was so inviting, tranquil and pleasant that we stayed over a second night. I would recommend Sea Whisper to everyone travelling in and around Jeffrey's Bay. Look forward to seeing you all again on our way back!

Room Tip: Definitely any of the upstairs units - Great sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are so pleased that you and your wife had such a wonderful stay with us. It is so encouraging to get such positive feedback and indicates to us as owners, that our efforts to be a top guest house in our area are achieving the desired results. We always judge ourselves by how many of our guests return to stay at Sea Whisper.

We thank you for your great comments and look forward to hosting you again at Sea Whisper.

Dorvin and Michele

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently stayed 19 days at this wonderful B & B, and had a great stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful and so are the owners, Michelle an Dorvin. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy and content and have everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. I will definetly return again next year. The rooms are well decorated and and very clean. The setup is different than other B & B because of the lay out of the buildings on the property, which is actually 2 adjoining properties with 3 separate buildings, so the best thing about this B & B is the privacy you have. They offer self catering the rooms that have their own kitchen facilties, or you can take advantage of their breakfast option which is a fantastic breakfast.served in a very nice large room with sea views.. Most, if not all of the rooms have sea views and you can see the whales jumping from your room. I bought pair of binoculars just so I could get a closer look at this phenomenom of nature. The whales come completely out of the water when they are jumping. I highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

When someone stays for a long stay they really become part of Sea Whisper and we loved having you stay with us Thomas. We are so glad that you were able to have the peace and privacy of the Sandpiper cottage to enjoy your holiday, although I know you did a great deal of work too. Looking forward to seeing you back next year for another "great surf" during the winter months.

Once again it was a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Our experience was wonderful hospitality, food, ideas for entertainment, and the staff were unbelievable. We would suggest this place to anyone who wants a nice getaway quiet romantic and also fun. The people working here and owners really made you feel at home. We will be back again!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the wonderful review, we really appreciate it and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We constantly strive to achieve a high standard of service delivery and it is nice to know that what we are doing, and our staff are doing, creates a great place to stay for our guests.

Once again, many thanks.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I decided to take some time off and treat myself to a vacation. I was a bit self-conscious because I was alone...but that immediately went away once I was greeted by the owners Michele and Dorvin. They are so warm and caring and went every extra mile to ensure that I was having a great time -- not just as a guest at Sea Whisper but as a guest in South Africa. The rooms were spotless and spacious. I slept like a baby every night (haven't done that in a while). And, I even had privacy or beach time when I wanted. My room had a kitchen (perfect!) so I could sleep in when I felt like it. I came away feeling that I had made friends for life and a new home. I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Get the Sea Whisper Suite and have breakfast overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea C

We loved hosting you at Sea Whisper and thank you for such an outstanding review of our property. When we read your review it makes everything we are trying to achieve worthwhile. We try to co-ordinate all the aspects of the guest house, staff, rooms, service, meals and hospitality to achieve making this property a great stay for our guests. See you in 2014

Once again, thanks so much

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent service, friendly faces, beautifully decorated and immaculately clean rooms! Stunning gardens and relaxing environment! Yummy breakfasts and all round FANTASTIC B&B!!! Thank you Sea Whisper for the awesome stay! Can't wait for our next visit!!

Stayed: November 2013

Thanks Monique for your comments on Sea Whisper. We try constantly to meet the bench mark of a four star establishment and meet the expectations of our guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back at Sea Whisper soon.