“A Gem in Central Drakensberg”

Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a beautiful home away from home. The rooms are professionally decorated with every conceivable nick-nack provided. The art work is tasteful and the gardens and swimming pool are set
within a backdrop of stunning mountains. The pool and gardens are beautifully maintained.

Should you wish to dine "at home" on the large patio, the hosts provide you with knives, forks, plates, condiments and even a salad bowl! Truly magic after a tiring day's walking or visiting the surrounding areas. A large outside sitting area is available for guests' use and each suite also has a private sitting area.

The breakfasts are divine with quiches to die for.

Attentive hosts who strive to provide the best.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TouristGuide

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My son (25) and I (55) stayed 2 nights at Cathkin Cottage Bed & Breakfast on a short trip through South Africa. We felt at home from the first minute we arrived. We appreciated the advise our host gave us, and the way they cared for us! The Drakensberg area is splendid we walked a whole day at Monks Cawl (using the walking sticks of our host). We had good diners at the Drakensberg Hotel just across the road. If you’re looking for a nice good (basic) quality place to stay with personal attention, do visit Cathkin Coattage!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

What a beautiful time I had in Drakensberg staying in Cathkin Cottage. The room was absolutely lovely and the bed was heavenly cozy. My hosts helped me so much because I didn't know where to go or what to do, the first thing was to give me a walking stick and send me on a beautiful hike to the Blue Grotto. They fed me well, made sure I was ok and gave me a lot of great advice. Lovely place to stay....and I love their dog.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

very cosy estate in a beautiful area, nice garden, great views, warm welcome by the new owners, terrific breakfast - simply highly recommendable with great value for money!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

If you are looking for a little piece of heaven in the Drakensburg,
you need look no further- the rooms are pristine and tastefully furnished, the view is spectacular, the breakfast is awesome, the hosts Sue and Hennie are fantasic, they
make one feel welcome and at ease. I took my mother to the Drakensburg as a gift for
her birthday and Sue and Hennie went out of their way to make the experience special.
Thank you both for making our get - away memorable and special. The hospitality industry could use this establishment as an example of first class service, great for overseas holiday makers. Regards
Tatjana and Nina Raunich

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Magic time. Made so welcome ! Sue brought me back a 6 pack of Castle from town whilst Hennie ensured I needed it by getting us under way on walk from cottage. Next day went off on lovely early walk to Spinx and back for late breakfast which literally kept me going all day. Nothing was too much trouble for these two. Made sure had the best of times in Berg!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 25 September 2011

A very nice stay and great company with new managers Leila and Paul. I think being the only people of ever go to the Drakensberg and not go trekking we had a fair share of time to check the place out.

Rooms were comfy, clean and quiet (my big 3). I'm not a fan of B&B's (I always feel like I'm dossing down in a stranger's house) but the rooms here are accessed away from common area's (like your own motel room) and the hosts just make this a wonderful, warm stay.

Leila and Paul were great company and always on hand with advice about the area. I could have spent quite some time there but had to keep moving the road trip along.

Ignore the 'old' negative posts, under new management..this star B&B has risen.

Room Tip: which ever gets you closest to the breakfast table..awesome; rush to to it.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
Champagne Castle Hotel
1 mi away
Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort
Dragon Peaks Mountain Resort
#1 of 6 in Cathkin Park

Been to Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!