“disappointed”

Arborpark Lodge
Pretoria, South Africa
“disappointed”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were disappointed with the room. We requested a double room but were given a triple self catering room. Nothing like the picture on web site. Bathroom was horrible and old. Also not told it was on first floor. No lift.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had the misfortune to stay at Arborpark Lodge recently. Upon arriving, we were shown into our rooms, and the lights were out. They had tripped off. I had to reset the trip switch to reset the lights in our rooms. Thank goodness the switchboard was in my room. Having just traveled from Johannesburg and arriving at 6.30pm, I wanted nothing more than to have a meal and relax. I was then informed that the restaurant that they advertise does not open if they have less than 10 guests. We then went out and got a meal, returned and settled down to relax and watch TV. What a surprise, only SS1 and SS2, not the SABC1, SABC2, SABC3, ETv, MovieMagic 1, MovieMagic 2, MNet and SuperSport 1, that they advertise. I then discovered that I could have a bedside light or TV, but not both at the same time.

The next morning I went and complained at reception very nicely to the manageress explaining the problems, and was promised that it would all be sorted out during the course of the day. After a hard days work, I returned to the "lodge" only to discover that the lights were still tripping off, I now only had ONE TV channel, and my toilet paper had not been restocked. The lady at reception then phoned the manageress and she informed me that she had somebody in and they had assured her that all was well. It was clear that she had not bothered to check, and our rooms were never checked before we checked in!

If I had not prepaid and was not in the mood to fight for a refund (as I may have completely lost it), I would have left right then. We were eventually moved to other rooms, which meant having to repack and move our luggage. I certainly would not recommend staying at this facility, and will not be staying there when next I visit Tzaneen. The lack of service is appalling!

Rooms need to be checked before guests check-in, and complaints must be dealt with immediately. Simple!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Tzaneen hotels