“LOVE IT! DELICIOSO! PERFECTO! YUM!”
Review of Surrender Cafe

Surrender Cafe
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We have great Home Made Puerto Rican and American food. Great service and atmosphere. Private parking, Delivery, To go, Kids friendly, BYOB.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“LOVE IT! DELICIOSO! PERFECTO! YUM!”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The food at this gem is deliciously authentic and the ambience is like a traditional Mom&Pop-hometown-diner with an informal Caribbean vibe where the staff is warm and friendly (fluent in English and Spanish). Their Spanish food is the BEST IN CENTRAL JERSEY. I have traveled up-and-down the state and even ventured to NYC trying all sorts of "highly recommended" Latin restaurants and these folks are the real-deal. I have been here many times and have never been dissapointed. Their red beans are the absolute best. I love their Banana boats which are essentially a sweet plantain sliced lengthwise and stuffed with ground meat and cheese (canoas rellenas). I always order fried green or sweet plantains (tostones or maduros). The white rice is fluffy and moist (not sticky) and the yellow rice with peas is very good as well as their mofonguitos (smashed green plaintain balls seasoned with garlic and served with a "ketchupy" dunking sauce). The pork shoulder (pernil) is excellent. They also make a good burrito and serve traditional American dishes as well. I do enjoy their cheese steak sandwich (but I add a Malta and platanos fritos to my order). I know the name is odd Surrender (?) Cafe but you will be sooo glad you discovered them....

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank CeceAndCompany

nj
“Good food, good prices:)”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This place was recommended to me on another forum, and I wasnt sure what to expect. It was really very good, very reasonable, just a good place with good food. I had been told that sometimes language might be an issue but when we were there, the server was perfectly fluent in English and had no issues at all. We went early on a Sunday for dinner and the place was pretty empty. I hear later on in the day it gets crowded and maybe service is a bit slower, but it was fine. The portions were quite "healthy" and again everything was quite tasty. Skirt steak, and all the sides were great

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank moiinnj
New York City, New York
“Great Puerto Rican Food!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Delicious food, great prices! 4 adults and three kids ate and took home leftovers for $100! Try the empanadillas, beef, pork or chicken, all great, as good as those sold by the street vendors in Puerto Rico! The pernil, pollo guisado and arroz con gandules were really tasty. But best of all, share the flan for dessert...it was perfect! Do not miss Surrender!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank DinaMarieC7
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
“Wow...so good!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place is a diamond in the rough. The plantain chips with homemade salsa was enough to impress but then I got my skirt steak. Amazingly seasoned and cooked. Their beans were so delicious....I can't wait to go back! The prices were so reasonable!

• Visited April 2012