“Helpful staff”

Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Didn't stay at this hotel as they were full due to Columbus Day weekend. We were directed there by Comfort Inn staff at Avenal who were also full. The receptionist at the Marriott was very helpful indeed offering coffee and internet access to help us search for a local hotel that could accommodate us for this weekend. Sadly the wife didn't get her name but all credit to the hotel for their support. Once we found the Hampton Inn she very kindly telephoned and then gave us directions.
It is worth the mention for this alone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family only to celebrate my children's birthdays the end of September. The pool and whirlpool were closed the night we stayed and the next day. Our main purpose for coming to this hotel was so they could enjoy the indoor pool. We paid nearly $200/night to sit in the room. We were clearly not happy about this. I addressed my complaint to the manager (Ruba) who seemed like she didn't want to be bothered and was not helpful or sympathetic at all. I called another manager the next day, who was supposed to call me back in ten minutes, however, it's been 9 days and no call back. I don't like the management team's lack of customer support here -which shows that they don't care whether guests leave satisfied or not. Their lack of care will make me never return here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank djacks920
Reviewed 28 September 2013

It is a very new and good hotel. Rooms are resonable size with a samll well equipped kichennete. The hotel also can help you in getting the grocery if you need. No service fee is charged. The breakfast is served whcih is average. The location is close to many offices

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was surprised to see all the negative reviews. I stayed here for 30 days and overall was treated very well. My biggest complaint is that the employee who took down breakfast was kind of rude to the people who were still in line at 10:00 when breakfast ended. There is a way to kindly but firmly let people know that breakfast is over. The second complaint I had was that they did not mop the bathroom floor. Wasn't a big deal, and i know if i had asked they would have immediately. Great stay, nice fire PIT and bbq area outside. I would definitely stay here again. Aside from that my room was cleaned to high standards and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here since it is close to the NJ Transit Metropark railroad station with its easy 40 minute trip to New York City and no car hassles. The hotel is fairly new and has nice rooms with well equipped kitchens. There is a gym but it is very small. Breakfast is included, but the kitchen staff seemed inattentive. We had problems with housekeeping not supplying clean towels and leaving dirty towels lying around the room. The hotel is easy to reach northbound on US9, but approaches from southbound are round-about and confusing without a GPS. Located near Woodbridge Mall...lots of shops and restaurants. Overall, not terrible, but not worth the premium price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great breakfast in the morning, however it could have been served a little later on the weekend. The staff was pleasant and the hotel rooms are very spacious, new and clean. Full kitchen, that was beautiful I might add. I was there with a team of little league baseball and it was a great place for them. There is a basketball court and a small indoor pool and hot tub. The kids had a great time and the adults enjoyed the nice atmosphere. They had a cookout as the hotel has a gas grill set up outside on a patio with tables chairs and outdoor sofas. There are malls very close by and gyms as well. We visited a park where you could see the statue of liberty and take a ferry over. Very nice time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel 7/26-28/13 for a family reunion. When we first got there, they did not have the room we reserved and said they would give us a discount if we went from one room to two rooms and that we would not be charged for the second room. One of the two rooms was dirty and had ants in the bathroom and floors were slippery from not being cleaned. Towels looked dirty and had to wait for over 45 minutes for the towels to get washed before we could get some more. Also ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for that too. Horrible location because you cannot turn directly into the hotels parking lot because NJ does not allow you to turn to the opposite side of the street. If you are not familiar with driving in NJ, I do not suggest this hotel. It took us over 45 minutes to get to the other side of the street where the hotel was. When using a GPS, hotel address does not give you proper directions. After spending over an hour and a half searching for hotel and making several stops for directions, finally called hotel and they then decided to tell me that I should use the address next door if I am using GPS. Would have been nice if they would have told me this when booked hotel if they knew there was a problem with the address. When checking out, remember that room they were not going to charge me for? Well they did and the manager stated she never said that. Screwed up two of my credit cards with charges that should not have been charged because room was paid in advance. Said they would credit my account, but ended up adding additional charges and spent over an hour at the desk trying to straighten that out. Got home and charges still on account. They said to wait 48-72 hours to see adjustments. Hopefully, this will all be straighten out tomorrow which is 72 hours. What a mess, I will never ever stay at this hotel again. This is the worst Marriott property I have ever stayed in. I use to be able to depend on Marriott, not so sure after this stay. I highly do not recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cree2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge

Been to Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center? Share your experiences!