“Good food, not great service”
Review of Mie Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Mie Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
New Jersey, USA
“Good food, not great service”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for years because I can't find a decent Thai restaurant in my neighborhood. The food is good, especially the soup, but the kitchen is not consistent and the service isn't very good. You will be spoken to once during your dining experience...when the staff takes your order. You have to look for the wait staff when there is an issue with your meal, when you want your check, etc. They will never approach your table to ask how things are or if you need something. Last night, I asked the waitress not to put any tomatoes or green peppers in any of our dishes. You guessed it, there were green peppers. When I called the waitress over, she said, "oh, I thought that you only wanted your soup without green peppers". The menu specifically states that one of the dishes has tofu in it. Every time I order it, there is no tofu. I asked the waitress about the tofu so she replied, "oh, I don't know why there is no tofu in that dish". Then, she told us that one of the dishes we ordered was very spicy and that there was nothing she could do about it. We were okay with that because we wanted it to be spicy but when the dish came to the table it really was very sweet. It's pretty pricy as well.

• Visited December 2013

Whitby, Canada
“Consistently good dining”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is probably the 5th or 6th visit to Mie Thai...we stop in every time we are in the area. We arrrived on a Friday at lunch time and were lucky to get a table, but the restaurant did empty quickly after 1:00 PM.

Our waitress, Deepa was very friendly and let us take our time ordering. I'm not sure of exactly what we ordered, but I know there was a red chicken curry, house salad, Pad ka tiem prig tai and one or two more dishes.

• Visited October 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“I wasnt impressed. Girlfriend loved it.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was only my third time having thai food, and this was the third different place and I didnt think it was all that great. I could never eat here again and could care less. My girlfriend on the other hand absolutely loved it, so i'm going to go ahead and give it an average rating. She LOVES thai so perhaps she is either just blinded by her love of thai food or has better taste in thai food than me. You be the judge of that. If she wants to eat here, I'll happily take her...but it would never be my choice. Especially with how overpriced it is.

• Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great fresh food every time”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am a business traveler and always look for places that allow me to eat healthy, fresh, good food consistent every time. Mie Thai has met these goals every time I have gone. I have eaten both lunch and dinner here and the food is consistent. I agree with many of the other reviewers, only order the spicy as mild (it is plenty hot enough) and the service is quick but erratic. Sometime i wonder if they don't see me sitting there but once they take my order the food, drink refills and the check or all there in a quick manner. The noodle dishes were very good but my favorites are the stir fry options and I love the ability to have brown rice versus white. Both the chicken and shrimp dishes were excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Iselin, New Jersey, United States
“Great food in unexpected place”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I love this restaurant but unfortunately I don't get to go often because most of my family and friends that I go out to eat with dont like Thai food. I mostly get it for take out but it is really good .i like spicy food but when you order there they will ask you if you like American hot or Thai hot, LOL,I always think that is funny because even American medium is really spicy. I love the peanut sauce ,I always order extra. Restaurant is located in a strip mall,doesn't look like much from the outside but is nice inside with linen tableclothes and napkins. I think it is byob but check to make sure.

• Visited September 2012