“Mike Cerami's usual mediocrity.”

The J.J. Bitting Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in a 100 year old brick building that once housed The J.J. Bitting Coal and Feed Depot is our spacious restaurant and cigar friendly bar room. This is where our Chef and Brewer offer up the finest in American Grill Cuisine and Handcrafted Beer and Ales. These treats can also be enjoyed on our outdoor deck overlooking Main Street.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Mike Cerami's usual mediocrity.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

J.J. Bitting is Cerami's 3rd or 4th attempt at food service. I'm frankly amazed this place is even still in business. The couple times I've tried this place they were actually out of several of their beer flavors. You're a micro-brewery...how do you run out of 3/4's of your beer without having made more? That is just inexcusable.

The food is his usual low quality food typical of his food service ventures. It does have some decent atmosphere and the staff is pretty good. As long as you look at it for what it is, a bar...than the food is on par with bar quality food. If you're looking for a good tasting meal than look elsewhere. Or have a few drinks before you start eating, that always makes bad food taste better.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sonofbaldo

North Plainfield, New Jersey, USA
“excellent food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

we went on a friday night. place was packed, but its a big place, so no wait. we both ordered the prime rib, which was done to perfection! great choice of local brews also. will definitely be going back.

Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great Food and some really good craft beers”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

this was our 3rd choice for dinner, but with more than an hour wait at the others, this became #1. And we're glad we did. Great food, ample servings, and some good beers to wash them down. Their Octoberfest and IPA are both well worth it. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2013
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“Choo choo”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in a day after work. Didn't have any food so I can't rate that. I'm fairly new to the brewing scene and like to try any craft/ homebrews I can get a glass of. Multiple levels of space this place is pretty big and has a lot of history. Being an old railroad hub the atmosphere kinda build itself with the nj transit trains roaring behind the building. The beer is great, I was a big fan of the ipa and ended up bringing a growler home. Cute bartender named jackie also helped the trip enjoyable. She knew the beers on tap and had a joke or two.

Visited July 2013
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Will Certainly Go Back”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Based on some of the reviews, I had rather low expectations but went along with the group and was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with J.J. Bittings. The only reason I gave it 4 stars over 5 is that some of the host staff seemed a bit overwhelmed (they seemed annoyed when asked for a table of 10 when the restaurant wasn’t even busy and couldn’t quite fathom the request for an extra set of crayons for the kids) & the place seems to need a good airing out (or maybe just a good dusting). However other than that, I can’t find anything else negative to say.

Our server (a young gentleman working on a Sat. night) was super nice and attentive. I didn’t have a cocktail but my husband liked the IPA so much that he wants to go back and get some for takeout. The reasonably priced menu has something for everyone & all in our party enjoyed their selections. My husband’s crab cake sandwich and my chicken quesadilla were excellent and generous enough that we were able to take leftovers home for lunch the next day. The butterfly fries are supposedly a popular house specialty so we tried them as an appetizer but they turned out to simply be fresh potato chips with cheese sauce – ok yet I’d try something else next time. I would recommend getting something from their new tater tot menu. We ordered the naked (plain tots), and the kids liked them so much there were none left for the adults. The atmosphere is also very nice - plenty of parking, interesting things to look out while dining (especially for kids who loved the train), free basket of tortilla chips and tasty salsa and spacious tables.

Based on my experience with J.J. Bittings, I’d say skip the chains and head right over! I definitely look forward to going again soon.

• Visited July 2013