Angala Boutique Hotel and Guest House
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa(Stellenbosch)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewseco pooloutdoor showervrede en lustluxury suitesteam roomattending a weddingwine estatenespresso machinecomplimentary mini barprivate gardencape townstunning locationliving areaattention to detailheaven on earthstayed two nightsfood and wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2012

When I looked at the website I saw that the guesthouse is located in Franschhoek, which was one of the reasons I choose it. When I drove there I found out that it is about 18 km away from Franschhoek and in the first place I was not happy with that, but then I realized that this is even better, because it is right in the middle between Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl. The guesthouse is on a vineyard surrounded by beautiful trees with a stunning view onto the mountains. The people were very charming and caring. The rooms are getting new bathrooms (a few of them were already done and look great) and there will be a new deck and restaurant built this year from May to August. The plans look great and it will be beautiful.

Room Tip: Taking one of the bigger rooms might be a good choice, if you also want to enjoy the view from your room and veranda.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My (now) husband and I recently travelled to SA for our wedding. I stayed at Cathbert the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids, in the two-bedroom cottage, which was perfect for us to all get ready on the big day. My husband and I then stayed in one of the luxury suites for two nights after the wedding, and were just in awe of the beautiful views and tranquil surroundings. The breakfast was delicious, the beds were amazingly comfortable and the service from everyone at the guesthouse was excellent. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The two-bedroom cottage is secluded and peaceful, if you're looking for something on the quieter side. It even has its own pool!
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic 3 night stay at this terrific Country Inn a few miles outside Franschoek. It was the perfect wind down from a busy schedule in the UK. The Inn is situated in beautiful countryside, with fantastic views of the mountains from all sides. The bungalow was well appointed and very clean and comfortable. The pool was most inviting. Dinner and breakfast ( I particularly recommend the French toast ) excellent also. The particularly special thing about Cathbert's is the amazing welcome from Aubrey and Anne (the managers) and all their excellent staff. They made everyone feel welcome, arranged tables at local restaurants and gave lots of expert advice about places to visit, including the local township with a group of residents, which I would strongly recommend. Some of our fellow guests, also from the UK, had returned every year because they loved the Inn so much. I hope we can return again too. It was the most relaxing break and we loved it.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

What a wonderful place. We stayed 2 nights for our 1 year anniversary and they went all out. Had a superb dinner, romantic turndown and the facilities are superb. Only one recomendation to. You are in prime wine country. Please improve on your wine list. Only 1 Sauvignon blanc and it was terrible.

Will definitely come again

Reviewed 24 February 2012

In the middle of a vineyard, with superb views in all directions, this has to be the best get-away imaginable. Extremely comfortable and well placed either to enjoy the pool and the service or to explore Franschoek, Paarl and the neighbouring countryside. I don't believe there is another holiday spot like it.

Room Tip: The Luxury suites are superb. Very comfortable and everything provided.It is hard to make a choice as they all have individual gardens with a bench, a terrace. What else could one wish for?
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple