If you are looking for an experience that will get your blood boiling and keep it boiling with rage, then this Chateau/Villa is just for you!
Having booked and prepaid in full for a specific room in early Dec 2013 for Feb 2014, I arrived on Saturday afternoon to find that not only the room I had asked for had been given to someone else, but that the person responsible for room management and allocation (email@example.com, +27 71439 9134) was no longer available and would only be back on the Monday.
Having specifically asked for a room that had a view of the water and the mountains, and nothing near the main road due to noise, the room allocated had the bed room backed up onto the car park and the main road right behind it. The view from the front of the room was of the other villas with the mountains peaking over their roof tops, no water in sight.
What become clear after hours of trying to sort out this mess was that the person doing the bookings (Andy Scivener, firstname.lastname@example.org, +27 83 227 1298) actually had no tie in with the person that did room allocations. His resolve was, if you don’t like it we can give you your money back and you can find somewhere else to stay. Clearly this was not an alternative solution so late on a Saturday afternoon and in peak season. Client service at its best!
With no alternative I stayed and so took a walk up to the villa reception (as there is no phone in the room even though it has sophisticated digital lighting control panels – just a little something they overlooked perhaps, yes a phone!) to find out what the wifi password was. Being told this was nothing to do with them and that the password would need to be obtained from the main hotel I decided to leave it, go and get some food and wine to try and relax. Sadly my partner who had flown all the way from China with this pending disaster supposed to be for his birthday was not en joying the experience much either.
On the way back from dinner (The Grill Room which is great by the way) I popped into the hotel reception and asked for the wifi password, only to be told that this was nothing to do with them and I would need to speak to the villa reception, which was now in total darkness and no one was anywhere to be seen.
Upon waking in the morning we went to the main building for breakfast and stopped at reception to ask if this was where we were to be eating as we had paid for 2 x breakfasts. The receptionist, much in the clouded look as everyone else there, told us yes, so we had breakfast which was quite enjoyable. Sadly upon leaving we were presented with a bill and then went back and forth with people coming to the villa to advise we had to pay and that the villas had nothing to do with the hotel.
From what could be gathered after a long and tedious discussion was that the some of the villas are privately run, others owned by the hotel and others managed by a separate company. I have not bothered to waste time further trying to find more about Linda at the URL given, as it does not work, but if Linda from Distinctive Choice Management Services who touts Integrity, Efficiency and Elegance on her card pops up elsewhere when making a booking, I will be very careful as to how I proceed.
There are lots of other wonderful options in Franschoek and I would strongly advise looking around before booking into L'Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lavish and luxurious accommodation in Franschhoek is ideal for both winter and summer visits as it is 100% equipped to offer the comfort that is required. Ideal for engagements, weekend getaways, special events as well as business trips, the beauty that the area beholds, and the luxury that the accommodation offers, makes it one of the very best experiences in the valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your L'Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau And Villas
- l`Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas Hotel Franschhoek