I wasn't paying for this visit, my wife was... Glad it wasn't me! We were staying for a weekend.
Staying in the main villa we were expecting views of the mountains and dam... we got the main driveway with a view out the other window of the scrubland outside the gates.
The room was spacious as was the bathroom... what does Franschoek have against bathroom doors?!! (A different venue up the pass has the same thing) I understand the concept of closeness and togetherness but no bathroom door means noises and basically way way too much information for any civilised relationship to endure.
The tedium of drunken revellers interrupted our sleep on Saturday night... not the establishment's fault but worth a mention. Sound proofing of the rooms was poor.
The pool is like a fountain right on the main driveway between the chalet units... was thinking of a swim but found the position to be off-putting.
The endless muzak was doing my head in, at least the staff were obliging to turn it off - does no one bother listening to the wind or birdsong any more?
The staff were very nice and attentive but.... I am very low maintenance and really dislike people hovering over removing place settings one by one. Particularly annoying is the trend of taking my plate away when my dining partner is still eating. Even more annoying is taking my plate away when my dining partner is still eating AND I have just put the last mouthful in my mouth and haven't even put my cutlery down.
To summarise - glad I wasn't paying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lavish and luxurious accommodation in Franschhoek is ideal for both winter and summer visits as it is 100% equipped to offer the comfort that is required. Ideal for engagements, weekend getaways, special events as well as business trips, the beauty that the area beholds, and the luxury that the accommodation offers, makes it one of the very best experiences in the valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your L'Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau And Villas
- l`Ermitage Franschhoek Chateau & Villas Hotel Franschhoek