“Very Unique and Fantastic”
Review of Allee Bleue

Allee Bleue
Ranked #37 of 75 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The historical estate of Allée Bleue is nestled at the foot of the majestic Drakenstein Mountains in the Franschhoek Valley. Allée Bleue is known to be one of the oldest yet most characteristic farms in the Cape, producing internationally award winning wines. Our offering on the estate includes boutique accommodation and a Bistro that offers an appetising menu with old classics and newly created herb inspired dishes. Seasonal picnics and guided herb tours are unique to our estate. Allée Bleue is the ideal location to host stylish weddings, trendsetting events and family celebrations.
Joostenbergvlakte, South Africa
“Very Unique and Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

This wine estate is one of a kind. I've been to a lot of wine farms and never wrote a review because all is good. Not one to stand out, they look the same. But Allée Bleue is one that needs to be recognised for its space and nr. 1 food.
We had some salad and bread for starter, amazing! And I'm not one for salads... The Bo boti for lunch, MARVELLOUS and the desert, OH MY WORD! Brandy pudding with ice cream and fresh cream rounded of with the best coffee for the day. For my first time here... I will definitely bring my wife for lunch. I'm writing this as I still sit at the table. Enjoy!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fab lunch”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stopped here for lunch whilst on a wine safari and had the most excellent lunch. And let's not forget the lovely wine in very large glasses! Excellent food and excellent value for money.

• Visited November 2012
Northwest England UK
“finger-lickin good!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

When I go out for lunch, which is not very often, I like to feel relaxed and pampered.......and here I was! This beautifully decorated restaurant has a typical French feel to it. The entrance doorway looks really rustic and inviting! Set amongst the trees at the entrance to the vineyards, the restaurant is elegantly appealing. We were taken here by our wine tour guide and whilst we were in no hurry, service was a little slow. I felt that there was ample choice for a lunch menu and the waitress was charming and very helpful. However, when our meals arrived (wild mushroom tagliatelle and the restaurant burger) they were well cooked and delicious and the wine was just Mmmmmmm. I could have spent the whole afternoon there but unfortunately our guide reminded us of our request to continue on to brandy tasting so we had to leave :( It's not the cheapest place we have eaten on this South African trip but we thought it was fairly good value for money and would recommend it as a special treat. I spoke to the proprietor as we were leaving and she seemed genuinely interested in our thoughts on the visit and we found her to be pleasant and appreciative of our custom.

• Visited October 2012
“Average food - Good wines”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

If you are looking for amazing food you could be disappointed. The food is fine but definitely not in the same class as other wine estates in the area. There wines however are great and their 2012 offerings are a must sample for the wine buff. I loved the red with slight chocolate taste, smooth and delightful.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Gives you the blues”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Just stayed two nights at the cottage accommodation . TOTALLY overpriced !! Brown tap water and little hot water.Ran out of soap,no shampoo's etc. Small double beds. Crazy graffiti scribbled walls and1980's dated decor for an acquired taste only. Mean breakfast ( Fruit or English, can't have both)was not up to standard and took ages, despite being the only guests.Cheap fake orange juice ! At half the price it may have been acceptable but much better value for money in Franschhoek elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012