“Brilliant”

Ranked #43 of 101 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The historical estate of Allée Bleue is nestled at the foot of the majestic Drakenstein Mountains in the Franschhoek Valley. Allée Bleue is known to be one of the oldest yet most characteristic farms in the Cape, producing internationally award winning wines. Our offering on the estate includes boutique accommodation and a Bistro that offers an appetizing menu with old classics and newly created herb inspired dishes. Seasonal picnics are very popular under our great oak tree. Allée Bleue is the ideal location to host stylish weddings, trendsetting events and family celebrations.
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have recently took it upon my self to visit the winelands. First stop Allee Bleue, when entering one is greeted by friendly staff and shown to either the Bistro or wine tasting. We went for a light lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing service and first of all the food.
I would recommend the Lambshank while my wife had the Duck and Watermelon Salad a strange but well thought out dish.

Job well done

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I am a sommelier & stopped at Alee Bleu Winery Tasting Room specifically BECAUSE it specializes in sparkling wine. However they refused to open a bottle of sparkling wine for me to taste as we were the only 2 guests there. Disappointed, I tasted what still wine was available, since we had made the trip (all the way from Canada).

But then another couple arrived to taste wine & they were offered the Cap Clasique & I was offered it as an afterthought. While I was pleased to finally get what I came for I felt this winery was not really geared to tourism, as the staff were aloof & unfriendly. But the wine was good & the room was pretty.

1  Thank Asim O
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

The food and ambiance are average, the menu small and uninspired but the people are friendly and it is a charming little bistro. Not a recommend but not aweful either...

1  Thank Reenwoud
Reviewed 28 March 2013

If you look for a nice spot to have al fresco picnic, don't come here.Average cold platter, average salads not worth the money. In comparison to other places nearby you do not even get a bottle of wine with it. Surroundings are surreal - a noisy running castle - even if we were the only one. Its worth about R 100.00 per person. service is unsupervised and needed assisance from guests to be even served drinks.

1  Thank pzan
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We went for a quick late lunch. Bistro Restaurant not busy at all, but table not clean and food slow. Orange Tart should be taken off the menu.

1  Thank To-old-for-average