“Lovely first night dinner”
Review of The Grillroom - CLOSED

The Grillroom
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Lovely first night dinner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We found this restaurant looking for a place to have dinner on our arrival in Franschhoek. We just had a number of starters and created our own "tapas" style dinner. Creme Brulee was lovely.

Visited August 2014

Loughborough, United Kingdom
“A pleasant experience”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

There are many fine dining restaurants in and around Franschhoek but if you fancy a steak house one evening, then this is a good choice. I liked that I was shown a table after arriving with no reservation at around 10pm - my experience on the night I dined here is that many of the restaurants on the same road require reservations or don't accept guests that late because it's a very popular town.

There are various steaks available. I ordered a T-bone with a peppercorn rub (other rubs/marinades are available) and a side of onion rings. The portions are anything but small, yet the quality is good. The onion ring batter was light & crispy. The fries that accompanied my steak were crispy too. And the steak itself was cooked as requested (medium) and it was tender. Service was pleasant & I received my meal within 15 minutes of ordering.

If in Franschhoek again for a few nights, I'd probably visit again. It was a good dining experience & very good value for money (compared with UK prices).

“Always great steak”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This place is consistently good! The steak never disappoints and the service is always friendly and prompt. I enjoy the relaxed ambience of this lovely place on the Main Street. Worth a try if you're in the vicinity- they also have a very good butcher on site.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Delicious food, great service!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Their service was great, no long waiting on food. Nice and relaxing atmosphere. Food was delicious, my steak was done to perfection, hubby was very impressed with his kingklip! Will definitely go here again.

Visited June 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Amazing”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We loved everything about the restaurant. Fire place, value for money great rump steak, great wine and friendly staff!

Visited June 2014