Stony Brook Cottages
Leeu House(Franschhoek)
US$542
US$445
Agoda.com
The Last Word Franschhoek(Franschhoek)
US$372
US$334
Preferred Hotels
US$288
US$245
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel by Marriott Franschhoek(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
US$156
Mont Rochelle(Franschhoek)
US$455
US$275
Orbitz.com
All reviewswine tastinglovely cottagespent nightssurrounded by mountainsself cateringspectacular viewssouth africadamfireplacekeyvineyardsbraaisettingaccommodationfranshoekfarmestate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We (2 couples) spent 3 nights in the spacious cottages of Stony Brook in January 2013 and we enjoyed it tremendously! The cottages are well equipped and spacious; the swimming pool is a must after a wine tour and the dam is also great to swim in (much warmer than the pool!). Not to mention a view from the cottages to die for! Joy and her family are helpful, laid-back and very friendly while I had to resist taking the resident dog, Boo, home with me! The Stony Brook wines are very good and the tasting a must! Highly recommended stay in Franschhoek!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We have stayed often in Franschhoek, but never in anywhere so peaceful and beautiful. Nestling under the cliffs at the end of the valley, we loved it. With a lounge area and kitchen, at the price it is a steal, gives you more to spend on the eating places in town.
As for the wine tasting, I found the wines better and the experience better than any other vineyard. Unlike other vineyards where you feel that you are being read a script, here they will discuss the wines with you
FABULOUS

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We spent 3 nights in one of the spacious cottages of Stony Brook and just loved it!

Why?

- The (5) cottages are located in the middle of the vineyards with amazing views to the surrounding mountains offering all what it needs to enjoy the nature and atmosphere of a vineyard.

- The wine tasting is done by the owners which is - according to our experience - not usual in the vineyards around Franshoek and Stellenbosch. We received plenty of valuable recommendations for dining and wine tasting in the neighborhood. If we would have just relied on the guidebooks and our driver we would have missed some of our best memories!

- The vineyard of Stony Brook is family owned / managed and is far from being an artificial experience designed for the crowds of tourists which can be seen at Vergelegen or Morgenster.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abeisswenger
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My fiance and I stayed in Nov 2012 and had a very nice time. Cottages were well appointed and very clean. Only a 10 minute drive from the village. We showed up late at night and it was very easy to find the key and our cottage. Great value for money!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I stayed for10 days at Stony Brook Vineyard cottages and had a great experience – I specifically went there to work on my studies and needed a quiet and relaxing place to stay. This is exactly what I got at Stony Brook. I had great service – from my first enquiry up to my departure. Joy responded quickly to all my emails and provided detailed directions and took initiative to ‘equip’ my cottage with an additional desk and bookshelf to help with my studies. One of the things that I liked the most was the resident Huskey, named Boo, who regularly came for a visit at my cottage.
I felt very safe at all times and kept my front door open during the day and into the night.
I enjoyed a wine tasting and the Stony Brook wines are well worth it.
I was very pleased with my stay there and recommend it for couples who want to explore Franschhoek.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo