“Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franschhoek
Stony Brook Cottages
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Highly recommended and definitely will go back. We, family of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) stayed at Stony Brook Cottages the last week of Dec 2013 to the first week of Jan 2014. The cottages are set right at the foot of the mountain, very neat and spacious and the interior design is fantastic. From time of booking, Joy stayed in touch with us and I am pleased to say both her and Nigel, their staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable and big in both cottages that we occupied and big and none of us ours. Oh and the bathrooms and showers are spacious and luxurious. The wines are great - must have/purchase. Stony Brook is one of the best self-catering venues. Definitely value for money. i loved everything about Stony Brook. Joy, Nigel and team - fantastic job. you will definitely see us again. No TV and radio - heaven.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre and children activities but the walks and swimming pool served the purpo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was simply blown away by the views from the Stony Brook cottages, as well as the value for money that we received on this accommodation. I travelled there with my parents and partner, and we were the only people staying at that particular time, and the sense of solitude was fantastic. The swimming pool was great, with those spectacular mountain views visible from the pool. The owner is very friendly, made even better by the fact that the wine coming from their cellar door is great! The cottage interiors are well finished & furnished in tasteful neutral tones. The bathroom was also a good size. Had good sleep there - will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at Stony Brook the weekend of 7 & 8 February, & what a hidden gem this place is. The cottage was intimate & the view sublime and our host, Joy, couldn't have been more affable & lovely from the moment I made the booking. The only real suggestions I'd have for the rooms are that of 2 wine glasses, some mosquito repellant & a small offering of long-life milk. We hadn't packed these & I thought they'd be there, but it didn't deter from out stay at all. The bedding is sublime, you don't want to get out - I can only imagine what it's like in winter - AND when one has the fire roaring. Make a point of doing a wine tasting, the 'J' & 'The Max' are 2 of their wines NOT to be missed! All in all, a wonderful, memorable stay...thank you Joy, Nigel, Max & Chelsea, & we hope to see you again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My stay at Stony Brook was extremely relaxing! The setting is gorgeous and secluded, so it is seriously relaxing, especially when all you can hear is the trees in the wind... and nothing else. It is also great value for money. It is situated about 2kms from the town so it is very easy to pop into town. I can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Wonderful views, lovely cottages nestled under the mountain and the most warm, friendly and helpful service imaginable. The perfect place for winter, with a fireplace and snuggly throws but no doubt as good in summer, with a kettle braai on the private veranda and a swimming pool right there. The banks of the stream are beautifully planted with protea and pincushion that were in full bloom when we were there. Would love to go back again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stony Brook cottages was an escape to another dimension, where I could be quiet and see the wonder of life in nature. The vineyards, mountains, the stream that brought patience and wonder combined with the taste of life in their wines rejuvenated my energy and brought me closer to my soul. We will be back...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was looking for something , comfortable and quiet for a night away for my husband and myself. The first thing that I liked was the professional and friendly manner in which Joy presents herself.
The entire booking was so simple and efficient and Joy went out of her way to keep things that way.
We only arrived at the cottages later in the evening after a lovely dinner at Dutch East. The cottage is just perfect. Comfortable and well equipped. The bed linen is lovely and crisp. I highly recommend Stony Brook cottages

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple