What can I say, a first-rate hotel. Well not really a hotel as you have a private 'house' round a central pool area. The gardens are fantastic.
Our suite was massive, big lounge with complimentary decanters of gin, port, whiskey and rum and a free min-bar, which wasn't so mini. Huge bedroom that led on to a private outside garden with a plunge pool.
Two places to eat 'Ici' and the 'Tasting Room'. Ici is the relaxed area where breaffast is served and you can get a good three course meal (lunch and dinner). The Tasting Room is for fine dining (rated as the 47th best restaurant in the world in 2007 by Restaurant Magazine, and the best in Africa) where you can try an eight-course tasting menu with a different glass of wine for each course. Alternatively you can go a-la-carte for four or six courses.
One of the highlights of our honeymoon in South Africa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek