The decor at this property is a little strange they need to decide if they are going for African psychedelic or French provincial. Despite some objects and light fittings of questionable taste the accommodation is very comfortable. We had a ground floor room and found that we did get quite a lot of noise from the people above. We may just have been unlucky but it may be something to consider when booking.
We had a nice meal but when we were there most of the property apart from the actual accommodation was a building site and closed off to guests. This wash't really a problem but they should have made it clear when our agent booked so we could have considered whether or not to stay there. They have since agreed to give us a partial refund because they had charged their full winter rate when they were in the middle of a full scale building renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek