What a wonderful place to spend a couple of nights in South Africa's beautiful winelands. The accommodation at Le Quartier is superb and surrounds a lovely pool area with attractive gardens. The rooms/suites are spacious, well appointed and really classy.
An evening in their world class restaurant The Tasting Room is a gastronomic experience to savour and even the more modest Common Room provides delicious meals in a lovely setting. The breakfast table was so colourful, and pretty as a picture - irresistible! We really can't find a single thing about this excellent little hotel to criticise and highly recommend a visit.
It's worth asking the staff about a visit to the nearby Victor Verster Prison. This is where Nelson Mandela spent his last two years in detention in a house within the prison grounds and from where he finally walked as a free man through Freedom Gate. A tour of the house is truly moving and a much more intimate experience than a trip to Robben Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek