My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We were surprised once we entered the grounds of the hotel at just how green and peaceful it was. Oursecond surprise was that we had booked an auberge room but for some unexplained reason we were upgraded to The Pool Suite. this was a fantasic suite with a private pool in a private garden. The accommodation was luxurious with two bathrooms, a sitting room, a beautiful master bedroom and on the first floor another bedroom with three beds for children. This was beyond our wildest expectations and we were very happy with this.
The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We found out that the tasting room restaurant is one of the top 50 in the world and wanted to eat there. We were told it was fully booked but then they did manage to get a table for us. I would advise to book a table ahead of your stay if you ant to eat there. If you do manage to eat in the tasting room you will be impressed and amazed at the fantastic eight course meal. The waiters and waitresses explained every cours and made us feel very special. A fantastic experience.
The hotel is situated in a small village which has a lovely feel to it. Lovely touristy type shops with a quaint quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek