This secluded hotel nestles in beautiful gardens - a tranquil setting amidst the general buzz of Franschhoek. A comfortable bed,a spacious bathroom and good wifi contribute to the enjoyment of the stay. Breakfast can be taken in a vine-clad patio in a pretty garden.The cooked breakfast is delicious and made to order. The tropical fruit, scones, and granola are fantastic. In the evenings and on chilly mornings there is a warming fire in the grate on the patio.
Owing to an error, by the internet booking agency we were unable to have the room we had originally booked. As compensation by the hotel (it was no fault of theirs) we were given an extra night at no additional cost.
The 8/5 course tasting menu was very expensive and I personally would not recommend it, particularly as there are so many excellent restaurants in the area. The dining-room surroundings were anodyne and there was too much hyperbole given by the staff when introducing each dish e.g. a long narrative about a single langoustine languishing in a little sauce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek