We enjoyed our stay here. The village is simply beautiful. The hotel's restaurant is superb, with delicious creative food and incredibly friendly and engaging staff. We had reserved a double room but received a twin. When we brought this to their attention they said "most of our rooms are twin". Ok but we reserved a double! They then rectified this same day but I'm still unsure of their initial apparent need to defend their mix up. The staff here were all great with the exception of one or two of the front desk staff, who could use some training or exposure to true warm South African hospitality and what this means when engaging with guests. On this basis we would quite possibly try one of the many other good properties here next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek