On my first trip to South Africa I had the pleasure of staying at Le Quartier Francais, and was blown away by the room that we had as well as the hotel itself and all that it has to offer. First of all Franschhoek is a stunning place to visit, and LQF is easy to access on the main street. There are numerous small touches that make it such a wonderful and comfortable place to stay. Our Four Quarters suite was amazing - huge and with a private pool, sun lounging area and lots of refreshments to boot! I have literally never slept so well as in those beds. Breakfast at the hotel is a treat - we became addicted to the delicious pastries, and I could write an entire other review on the food - The Tasting Room is not to be missed! It is a fantastic experience overall - staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and I think it's important to note that they are able help advise on all aspects of visiting this region. I didn't realise how many wine farms are there, and there are only so many lunch/tasting slots you can manage! it's great to have a knowledgeable host to help with bookings and getting around, so highly recommend staying here. You really will get the best experience Franschhoek has to offer, and I cannot wait to get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek