We spent 3 nights here in January. It is a very pretty hotel and the rooms are good but there is an air of slackness about it. We did not knowingly encounter the manager during our stay and the service was not organised - eg three different people in succession regularly coming to take our order. On one occasion, at midday, we and six other guests were asked to leave the pool area so that the grass could be mown!
There is better food to be had in Franschhoek and the surrounding wine estates. We made the mistake of ordering the tasting menu - eight expensive, ridiculous and pretentious courses. It was largely liquid - a spoonful of soup, a spoonful of sorbet, ditto mousse. Even the foie gras had been liquidised! When it was over, we both could have done with a cheese sandwich.
Not the place it was when last I visited 12 years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek