My wife and I spent one night at Le Quartier Francais and loved every minute of it. Our petit garden suite was an absolute haven of luxury, the room was spacious with private patio to our own "oasis" of tranquillity in the garden. Our room came standard with fireplace, under floor heating and spacious en-suite bathroom with beautiful finishes. The extensive DVD library at the hotel provided a wide choice for the afternoon movie that we watched in the room on the in-room DVD player with the fireplace lit as we snuggled in bed.
Dinner that night in the Tasting Room was far beyond my expectations. After having read and heard of all the wonderful reviews, I had to see what all the fuss was about and all I can say is the "Surprise Menu" is an absolute must. Each dish in the 9 course menu was beautifully prepared and crafted by Margot Janse and her exceptional team in the kitchen. The African inspired menu "with story" to go showed me why Margot and her team have won so many awards and why this restaurant has the reputation it carries. Our waiters were incredibly knowledgeable clearly explaining every ingredient in every dish whilst the wine pairing was superbly matched and complimented each dish to perfection.
To end off the perfect night of relaxation and decadence what more could you ask for than a lit fire in your room and a hot water bottle in your bed.
Breakfast the next day was no half hearted affair either. The delectable spread of breakfast pastries, fruit and cereals together with hot breakfast and ample fresh coffee was enought o keep us going for the rest of the day.
The perfect end to a wonderful stay.
Thanks to Susan and the exceptional team at LQF for a night never to forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek