I have to agree with a previous poster. I expected more of this hotel.
The rooms were nice, but I was very dissapointed by the restaurant - we had the same experience as a previous poster with the tasting menu. I had to order more food as everything was so little and extremely expensive!! . I would rather prefer staying at one of the wine estates which is much better value for money! I really think this hotel is a bit overrated if I look at the overall experience I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek