We stayed at Le Quartier Francais for two nights in late June. We thought that the room and the hotel were extremely cute and charming in that french country bed and breakfast kind of way. Unfortunately, the famous Tasting Room was closed while we were there, but we ate at Ici several times for breakfast and for dinner once. The room were really cute and they put hot water bottles in your bed to keep in warm when you climbed in at night. The floors had radiant heating which was great in the winter.The food was very good, but not world class, (but of course we did not eat at the formal dining room/ Tasting room), but perhaps I expected something more with the close affiliation to the Tasting Room. It was too cold for us to take advantage of the pool. We did light fires at night which was romantic and kept the room cozy. They also had a nice selection of DVD's which was nice. Our most memorable meal was at La Petite Ferme; which was nearby-fabulous french country food with a superb wine selection. We had also booked Reubens which was across the street from LQF, but we were a bit disappointed after all the hype. The portions at Reubens were huge and the food was solid, but definitely not that special. I think LQF is a great getaway if you are going to the winelands and I would defiitely stay there again. It was also right on the main street of the town which made it easy to walk around the town, but come back to the hotel to eat or just for a break. The hotel also was great at offering to pick us up after lunch at La Petite Ferme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek