“Africa's Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Shopping in Franschhoek
Zurich, Switzerland
“Africa's Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My girlfriend and I go to South Africa regularly and love shopping in Franschhoek. Every time we visit , we make a point of shopping at ANPA. It's just so special. We love their designs that are quite different to the run of the mill jewelry. They offer hand crafted pieces, most of them with African gemstones that they source themselves. Its amazing to see the whole range of different gemstones that come from Africa. If you are looking for silver designer jewelry with gems, then this is the place to go. The owner/designer is in the store a lot and has a great knowledge of gems, the staff is friendly and helpful but less knowledgeable. Overall a great experience not to be missed when visiting this lovely village.

Visited December 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“unique designs, great gemstones, real value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

we used to frequent their store in Kalk Bay but have discovered the Franschhoek branch now. Patrizia one of the 2 main designers and owner runs this store and it offers a fantastic collection of designer jewellery, specially if you enjoy great gemstone, large & unique designs that are hand made and come as single items or as llimited editions only. Upstairs they have added some lovely art and premium leather handbags.

We love the open space, double volume, my partner is specifically fond of the leather couch and sherry on offer.

Our last purchase were to gorgeous mokume gane rings as engagement rings. ANPA is one of few companies that manufacture these very special pieces. We are extremely pleased with them and love the complete "uniqueness" of these rings.

Our favorite jewellery store for sure!!

Visited December 2013
Swakopmund, Namibia
“Beautiful Things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

One of the most awesome places to visit for a selection of exquisite jewellery pieces combined with excellent service made this a most memorable shopping experience. Thank you ANPA Jewellers, Franschoek!

Visited October 2013
Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Buyer beware - rings are cheap quality!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Do not purchase any of their Mokume Gane rings. I bought one for 4,600 Rands (about $550USD) and within 24 hours of washing my hands this ring tarnished to a black. I kept it on for another 4 days and noticed the tarnish was coming onto my hands and turned my finger purple! When contacting ANPA they told me that the problem is with me and that there is nothing they are willing to do! The nerve to charge someone that much money for a piece of junk! Stay away!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Vala S
De Kelders
“AB FAB shopping!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

ANPA in the Winelands! A fabulous reason to visit Franschhoek...if you have not been there, get in your car, drive as fast as possible (safely please) & go to treat yourself or someone special to the luxury of shopping, sipping bubbly & maybe have a meal at one of the famous restaurants close by!!! From big showy pieces to classic designs, if it's a birthday present, a special treat for yourself or like for me...the easiest way to spoil my wife! For the guys out there...while the lady in your life takes her time on deciding, there's a big comfy couch to make yourself at home (with a sherry or glass of bubble, depending on the time of year). Don't miss upstairs @ ANPA...stunning photos by owner Patrizia !

Visited December 2012