“Shocked at previous review”
Review of MCC Franschhoek

MCC Franschhoek
Ranked #43 of 84 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Pavement Cafe, specialising in local Method Cap Classique (bubbly), fresh, healthy meals, vegetarian options. Great range of burgers and platters to share.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am not sure if one can comment on another persons review but I am quite shocked by Cbroodryk's review.

I would be quite offended reading this review being a parent. Clearly the reviewer needs to go and redo her course on Primatology to realise that children "screaming like monkeys" are merely children cooling off in a fountain in the hot summer sun. My family and I have dined at Mcc many times and have never had any problem with service. The owner is also the chef so he's pretty much stuck in the kitchen, trying to get orders out but I am sure if you had asked to speak to a manager, you would have realised that his wife Christy is always about and ready to see to any queries or complaints.
I have always found the food superb, reasonably priced and waiting 25 minutes for a well prepared sandwich on the 29th DEC is NOT long.

Perhaps you would have preferred the service at Mcdonalds. Oh no wait, sorry Franschhoek would never sink as low as to have a Mcdonalds. Stellenbosch would have been your best bet for fast food,

1  Thank Rikke H

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Apart from the view in Franschoek of the mountains, we had an awful experience at this restaurant! I'm disappointed that tourists visit my country and have to be subjected to such awful food!! 25mins for a simple sandwich, which I might add was disgusting and lacked avo despite it being a main ingredient!! No manager presence!! Waitress was unfriendly, unhelpful and down right unpleasant to be around!! misbehaved children splashing fountain water and screaming like monkeys. I WILL NEVER COME HERE AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO EVEN MY WORST ENEMY!!

2  Thank Cbroodryk
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were in Franschhoek last Saturday and looking for a place to have a decent breakfast. Most of the restaurants on the street were full up and had stopped making breakfasts for the day. We walked on a bit and came upon MCC. It's stuck away in a corner so I have no idea what it looks like inside. We opted to sit outside in the winter sun. The fountain in the centre with the red umbrellas around really gave the place a good feel. We had omelets for breakfast with health bread toast and coffee and it was just what the doctor ordered. They had a talking yellow parakeet and he would alternate between "I'm a pretty boy" and "I love you". It is the kind of place where you just sit back and relax and so I cannot tell you if we waited long for our order or not. We weren't in any rush anyway.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were looking for something light for lunch as we we planned for a big dinner. This gave us everything we were looking for. The most wonderful bubbly....by the glass, very reasonable price....fresh oysters to die for....what a find!

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Take a break in the shade off Franchoek's high street shopping in this great little bistro just on the Huguenot road, set in a small square with covered tables and a cooling fountain the owner Phil offers great value food and snacks at breakfast and lunch with a good selection from the local vineyards.

1  Thank Oxforddoc1