“Refreshing”

Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Pavement Cafe, specialising in local Method Cap Classique (bubbly), fresh, healthy meals, vegetarian options. Great range of burgers and platters to share.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Refreshing”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Found mcc by accident how lucky we were.we only called for a cup of tea but could not resist having a snack too
Their own bread is baked on the premises and the owner an ex Liverpudlian was charming and very friendly without being overbearing. There appeared to be quite a few established regular customers who were all ready to chat. What a lovely freindly ambience. Long may it continue.

Visited January 2014

Franschhoek, South Africa
“Shocked too at Cbroodryk's review”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This review is pure hogwash. I have lived in Franschhoek for a year and Phillip the owner is always there! The food is always good and service friendly. If you don't like children playing you should stay at home because children play EVERYWHERE!! Nothing annoys me more than exaggerated reviews aimed at being nothing but nasty and not constructive. Restaurants don't need patrons like you.

• Visited October 2013
Montpellier, France
“Excellent place! the highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

After experiencing many restaurants here in South Africa, we must say that this restaurant was the best by far.

The food is delicious, simple, yet woven with many flavors to provide a wonderful eating experience. The chef/owner visited our table to ensure that our meal was satisfactory. His presence added to the positive experience!

The only reason this place did not receive 5 stars is because the service by the waiting staff was not very good. Our waitress did not seem to friendly and our finished plates were left on the table for quite some time after eating our meal.

• Visited January 2014
Cape town
“Shocked at previous review”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am not sure if one can comment on another persons review but I am quite shocked by Cbroodryk's review.

I would be quite offended reading this review being a parent. Clearly the reviewer needs to go and redo her course on Primatology to realise that children "screaming like monkeys" are merely children cooling off in a fountain in the hot summer sun. My family and I have dined at Mcc many times and have never had any problem with service. The owner is also the chef so he's pretty much stuck in the kitchen, trying to get orders out but I am sure if you had asked to speak to a manager, you would have realised that his wife Christy is always about and ready to see to any queries or complaints.
I have always found the food superb, reasonably priced and waiting 25 minutes for a well prepared sandwich on the 29th DEC is NOT long.

Perhaps you would have preferred the service at Mcdonalds. Oh no wait, sorry Franschhoek would never sink as low as to have a Mcdonalds. Stellenbosch would have been your best bet for fast food,

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rikke H
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Awful food & vibe, unfriendly service ”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Apart from the view in Franschoek of the mountains, we had an awful experience at this restaurant! I'm disappointed that tourists visit my country and have to be subjected to such awful food!! 25mins for a simple sandwich, which I might add was disgusting and lacked avo despite it being a main ingredient!! No manager presence!! Waitress was unfriendly, unhelpful and down right unpleasant to be around!! misbehaved children splashing fountain water and screaming like monkeys. I WILL NEVER COME HERE AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO EVEN MY WORST ENEMY!!

2 Thank Cbroodryk