“Franschhoek Country House was incredible!”

Franschhoek Country House & Villas
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Franschhoek
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Franschhoek Country House exceeded our high expectations and we would not hesitate to recommend and return for another visit. Their website doesn't do the property justice as it is incredibly well manicured and tastefully designed and decorated. The restaurant on location was outstanding and the daily breakfast was exceptional (both a well appointed buffet and separate hot order options). The staff was so helpful and professional from the front desk to the restaurant personnel. The room was enormous and super clean. I can't imagine what it cost to build this entire property and it would be hard to duplicate. The location is also perfectly postioned near between some of the best wine farms and the town of Franschhoek. I wished we lived closer so we could visit more often. Have fun!!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I only sent one night but had a most enjoyable stay. The garden and surroundings are beautiful and peacful. The accomodation was great and the service could not have been better. The spa treatment was one of the most enjoyable I have expereinced. Next time I am bringing my husband along an staying in one of the stunning villas, These are just awesome and I could easily spend a week here relaxing and exploring the lovely surrounding areas. It gets a definite "YES" from me!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I had a truly fantastic weekend in one of the Villas. The villa itself was stunning with ample room and a divine bathroom! The food was heavenly, both dinner and breakfast. All the staff were extra friendly and helpful - they made us feel like VIPs! And last, but certainly not least, our session at the spa was magical - even my husband (who doesn't "do" spa treatments) admitted that he had not felt so relaxed in a long time! Thank you all for a very memorable stay!!!

Room Tip: We had a top floor, 1 bedroom villa - stunning!!!
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My jaw dropped when I entered my beautiful villa. It was more spacious and beautiful than my apartment back home! There was a working gas fireplace that we enjoyed, and we were welcomed by a full fresh fruit basket! The bathroom was enormous with heated floors and lovely lavendar bath products. No detail was overlooked - even the chocolates with turn down service was outstanding.

Breakfast was absolutely incredible. While it was certainly not the largest buffet I've ever seen, it was by far the freshest and best. Quality was absolutely top notch. A hot menu item was also included with our breakfast - I highly recommend the eggs florentine. I faithfully order eggs florentine or benedict just about everywhere and this was the best version I've ever encountered! We tried the attached restaurant for dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and were blown away by the extremely reasonable prices (a comparable meal in NYC would have cost at least three times as much).

Finally, we LOVED the pair of spotted eagle owls that lived above our balcony and the one opposite ours. We learned that they'd just appeared two weeks prior, but we were absolutely delighted by them! If you will be there soon, keep an eye for these beautiful owls!

The only improvement I would recommend would be to offer free wifi in rooms (however, there was a computer terminal with internet access in a common area that was free of charge).

Room Tip: I quite enjoyed my second floor room (I believe #18) and would choose one again over a first floor r...
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I are just home from 2 weeks in South Africa and Franschhoek Country house was a beautiful place. We recieved a warm welcome by the manager who personaly escorted us to our beautiful romantic old style room, with private balcony. Service and food were exellent. It was in an ideal location to explore the lovely quaint town of Franschhoek which has plenty of high quality restaurants and amazing scenery. We walked next door through a local vineyard in the morning sunshine where we did a wine tasting. Absolutley brilliant place to stay. Hope to visit again some time in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are fab
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Group of ten friends , very comfortable stay .
Celebrated one birthday hotel went out of the way to make it special .
Excellent fine dining. ---ravee

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2011

After 6 years of visits to the area, this was by far the loveliest place I have stayed every in the Western Cape area and possibly the nicest place I've ever stayed in my life. Amazing accommodation and staff that just couldn't do enough for you. I can't believe it possible to have a bad stay at this lovely jewel. I'm planning my next trip now, I only wish it could be sooner!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple