We checked into a beautiful suite for wedding prep was underway with hair, make-up and photos to be carried out at this exquisite location chosen for its picture perfect setting and spacious room. The photo opps were obvious and the hosts graciously allowed us to use their exquisite gardens for these. The beautifully appointed suite was super large, very comforable and the staff attentive. However, as day turned into night the level of service started to slip, and so one started to question why the 5-star rating at 5-star prices? We returned from our wedding to find that the bottled water had not been replenished nor was there any next to the bed. We resorted to tepid tap water during the night. What appeared to be a king-size bed at first glance was infact 2 single mattresses pushed together with a wide expanse of linen used to hide this fact. We won't mention the uncomfortable ridge in the middle as this was obviously an unpleasant surprise as were the tacky gaps of wooden slats showing on either side of the base. For a wedding night ... 2 single mattresses just won't do - and certainly not at the prices they charge! The toilet had stopped working during the course of the day, and no staff had noticed this, reported it or bothered to see to it before our return. This was highly inconvenient as it meant stealing out at 5am in search of a working loo! The final straw was probably the 6am wake up from clanking cuttlery just outside the window as the staff set up for breakfast. So we packed up and checked out by 8am realising that going home was a better option. We were only made to pay the 50% deposit, but I do ask how come we should have paid anything at all? they spoiled our wedding night for us ... which is rather a pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by enchanting vineyards and majestic mountains, this small Boutique hotel is set on the outskirts of the town of Franschhoek, in the Cape Winelands less than an hours drive from Cape Town. Offering a selection of standard, luxury, garden cottages and the exclusive villa suites. With a top rated award winning restaurant, guests can relax and enjoy the hospitality, laze at the pool, enjoy a massage or stroll on the world-renowned charming town of Franschhoek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Franschhoek Country House & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franschhoek Country House And Villas
- Franschhoek Country House & Villas Hotel Franschhoek
- Franschhoek Country Hotel
- Franschhoek Country Boutique Hotel