We stayed for four nights in spring where the weather varied from lovely sunny and hot to cool and wet. When the weather wasn't so great, the staff lit fires in the lounge areas of the accommodation (we stayed in beautiful large deluxe rooms in the grounds of the house) which just added to the overall magical ambiance of the place. We felt as though we had the place to ourselves. The rooms are a little tired but well looked after and felt homely. The views were gorgeous from our room onto the pool and the mountains beyond. The spa was ok but the hour long treatment I booked only lasted 50 mins which I thought was a little naughty. We enjoyed one meal during our stay at the Monneaux restaurant in the hotel - it was very good. The breakfasts were even better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by enchanting vineyards and majestic mountains, this small Boutique hotel is set on the outskirts of the town of Franschhoek, in the Cape Winelands less than an hours drive from Cape Town. Offering a selection of standard, luxury, garden cottages and the exclusive villa suites. With a top rated award winning restaurant, guests can relax and enjoy the hospitality, laze at the pool, enjoy a massage or stroll on the world-renowned charming town of Franschhoek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Franschhoek Country House & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franschhoek Country House And Villas
- Franschhoek Country House & Villas Hotel Franschhoek
- Franschhoek Country Hotel
- Franschhoek Country Boutique Hotel