“I Regrate for staying only one night” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Franschhoek
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“I Regrate for staying only one night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I wish i would have stayed at least two nights in this property, we stayed only one night in 3rd week of August 2011, that to we checked-in the evening and checked-out early morning. But i notice the property is in beautiful location, close to mountains, friendly staff and nice dining facility. We had wonderful dinner in the restaurant and they have very collection wines too.

We checked-out the room about 3am to catch a flight in Cape Town, my hot breakfast was made available to carry with us at that early hours.

If you want to spend some good time outside the city for a nice breeze then this is the hotel I would recommend. Do not miss nearby few Franschhoek good vineyards for wine tasting

Room Tip: Try to get the mountain face rooms, you will never regrate
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeFranschhoek, General Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast pack but 3 am is really early to leave for the airport!
I hope that Tembile's directions were of use.
I hope that we can welcome your family back in future and that you can spend a longer period with us.

Best Regards and happy travels,

Eben Lassen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed here for a wedding and it was postcard material. Views just stunning!

Rooms were lovely and quaint. Bed Very comfy. Shower powerful.

Breakfast was great.

Bar very expensive and food menu a bit limited.

when i got home i noticed they had charged me twice but was easily resolved.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeFranschhoek, General Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
I am glad that you found our hotel beautiful and enjoyed our breakfast experience.
You'll be glad to know that we are increasing our menu to offer more variety.
I hope that we will receive you back soon at Le Franschhoek.

Happy Travels,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in August during our 2 week trip throughout South Africa. No detail at this hotel was over looked - they knew we were arriving late so they had set up a table in their lounge area for us to have a late dinner (great food by the way), all transportation to and from Cape Town as well as to all lunches and dinners was arranged as we did not have a car, and they assisted us in making wine tour plans with Winelands Experience (be sure to ask for Roger). Everyone at the reception desk was helpful and very friendly, and we cannot thank Tembile enough for helping with all of our trip plans. The hotel itself was beautiful and clean, and our room was very spacious overlooking the vineyard and mountain with a spacious balcony. We also really appreciated the heated bathroom floors! It was very convenient to have breakfast every morning at the hotel, and they had a great buffet available. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Franschhoek! We also used the spa one morning and had a wonderful experience there too!

Room Tip: The Vineyard Suite was wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeFranschhoek, General Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2011
I am so glad that you enjoyed your Le Franschhoek experience.
Please be sure to stay in touch and visit us in future.

Best regards
Lake Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel is beautifully appointed. Everything is clean and one cannot fault anything about the physical aspects of the hotel. We had wonderful breakfasts and room service on the one evening. The food was good. However the front line staff were very aloof and not at all friendly. It appeared to us that it was even difficult for them to smile. I guess to sum it up - there was no warmth. I had wanted to stay at this hotel for many years. In fact I had wanted to come here on our honeymoon 35 years ago. During our recent visit to South Africa I was really excited about coming to stay here. The question is - would I come again - maybe not. Most of the other places that we visited the staff were so warm and friendly and helpful - that even when the accommodation was not as grand, it made up for this, because of their warmth. However if you are wanting to come to Franschhoek this would not be a bad spot to stop - but I would not make a special point of coming here to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that you thought our hotel beautiful and enjoyed our food. I am sincerely sorry that you experienced our frontline staff in the manner you did. I assure you that it is not the norm as normally our staff is described as very warm and friendly.
If you find yourself in South Africa again, please make contact with us and pay us a visit. I assure you that then you will experience true South African hospitality.
Best Regards and happy travelling.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

This is an absolute gem of a hotel. Set five minutes drive from town, the hotel is a lille oasis. It's cool, grate decor and fab staff and with great food and wine. I can't redommend this place enough, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeFranschhoek, General Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel.
Hopefully we will be lucky enough to welcome you back in future.

Best Le Franschhoek Regards
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We so enjoyed our stay at Le Franschhoek. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the rooms were simply and stylishly decorated and the view was stunning. We loved the underfloorheating, the chocolates on the pillows, letter of welcome, Eggs Florentine for breakfast, etc. Would like to have had another mirror in our room - only 1 in the bathroom. Otherwise it was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DKiggan
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Le Franschhoek experience.
Thank you for the feedback on the mirror. We will defintely look into it.
I hope that we will see you soon again.

Happy travels
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This hotel is not deserving of its 5 stars. The absolutely stunning setting in the Franschhoek valley cannot make up for the lack of professionalism at all levels as well as the serious maintenance that is required in the rooms.

Internet access was not available throughout my stay, something I had to find out rather than be informed of at check-in. I was double and triple billed for the same food items on two occasions and basic instructions ito requirements were not followed after check-in.

Within the room: 1) bathroom shower handle came off in my hand, both sinks were leaking onto the floor, under-basin stand was stained and cracked from moisture damage, the grouting in the shower was mouldy. 2) it rained onto the bed the morning of a downpour and the under floor heating did not work in the room. 3) Multiple silverfish roaming the room, meaning it needed to be fumigated and the room was not vacuumed and the coffee station not replenished during the second day of my stay.

Choose one of the other stunning options in Franschhoek!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Aesop007
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay.
It is only with constant feedback from our guests that we can better our offering and service.
For your playing a part in us achieving this, I am thankful.
I hope that someday we can welcome you back to our hotel.

Best regards