My wife and I booked a night here to get out of Cape Town last Dec (2011) when were were visiting friends and family whilst on holiday from London. First up, the person who took the booking was friendly and courteous, and even upgraded us to a larger room. A good start. When we arrived we found the room to be large and very comfortable, with a great thatched roof! The 2 glasses of sparkling waiting for us were also nice. The facilities were all in good shape, including the pool area, though it can get a little crowded down there when the sun is out. That night we went out for dinner and came back for a drink in the bar, which was surprisingly empty, and the next morning we had breakfast in the breakfast room, which was fine if a little clinical. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but I can understand why some other guests have found the place a little lacking in atmosphere. Personally, we didn't really care as it's a nice hotel.
- Great rooms with amazing views (we didn't have a balcony but would suggest asking for a room with one).
- Beautiful grounds, but then again all of Franschhoek is pretty amazing.
- Ask for a room with a balcony.
- Drive. The hotel is about 2 miles out of town. Definitely not walking distance.
- Get to the pool early to secure a sun bed.
- There are gorgeous little outdoor tables and canopies for dining which we didn't try but looked really nice. Maybe we'll try the restaurant next time.
- Don't come here expecting a buzzing hotel, rather a nice relaxing one. Great for couples who just want to get away from it all.
If you're a couple looking for a nice hotel in Franschhoek, Le Franschhoek Hotel is definitely worth considering. Would be perfect for a wedding reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Cape Winelands, Le Franschhoek Hotel and Spa has become one of the most romantic getaways in its class. Capturing the essence of luxury, the impeccably appointed Le Franschhoek offers unparalleled views of the Franschhoek Mountains & is the perfect setting for a taste of the legendary Cape Wine Routes. Features include a destination Camelot Spa & world class conference facilities. Included in Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa's many accolades are * 2007 AA Travel Guide- Gold Achiever * Conde Naste's top 130 New Hotels of the world- 2006 Hot List * Diner's Club Award- 2006 Wine List * Diners Club Wine List award Gold 2009. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Hotel Franschhoek
- Franschhoek Le Hotel