“Tranquility in Franschhoek...”

Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Franschhoek
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Le Franschhoek have the most wonderful reception staff - from their welcoming smiles to the fast and efficient check in method. They helped me navigate the area and provided useful tips. My room upgrade and complimentary glass of wine were an awesome way to start my weekend. The views are to die for as well as the serenity of the area. I was in a quiet nook at the edge of the hotel and enjoyed unparalleled mountain views. Not only did I get a complimentary upgrade but the staff knew I was coming alone and so set up the room as such - Single of everything. It's that attention to detail that sets this hotel apart. A truly wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Deluxe River Room, secluded, quiet and overlooking the mountains and river. I didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 August 2014

What an experience. The hotel is set on a hill and looks out towards the mountains. They have several restaurants as well as a wonderful long veranda where you can enjoy drinks or snacks or a good cup of tea and confectionary. Their grounds are so beautiful and wonderfully kept. Everywhere is little pockets of surprises and finding the tiny little chapel was delightful. The staff is super helpful and efficient. I love going there. If I need to just get some peace and calm , this is where I go and every time I leave there feeling rejuvenated and energized. I love this place. Their well maintained units and rooms is fully equipped. The units detached from the hotel gives you well deserved privacy if you need a break away from the rut of every day life. The air is fresh and you feel the energy. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: ASk for one of the outside units - you will be pleasantly surprised. I will be back to share some p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff at the hotel bent over backwards to accommodate us, service was prompt and very professional and my room was clean, spacious and comfortable (bathroom a bit outdated though, with a terrible shower), with under floor heating, which in the height of winter is an absolute luxury! The food and ambience in their in-house restaurant was great. An added plus is the fact that there is an onsite spa, which I didn't have time to visit, but have visited in the past and absolutely loved! Oh and the views from outside are amazing!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here many years ago and nothing has changed, it's now tired and needs renovation. There is no sign of management. The place is not well maintained and there is no attention to detail.
It was cold and the fireplace in the reception was not lit, they said it was broken. This did not make for a warm arrival. The room itself was comfortable and clean, but dirty dishes from room service was left outside out room for hours.
The diningroom for dinner is cold and unappealing, with so many superb restaurants in town, make the effort and go out as staying in is not an option...
Breakfast however, is pleasant, with gorgeous views, but incredibly slow service. The offering is varied and totally adequate.

We went to the spa for treatments and this was acceptable.

Perhaps we have been spoilt but I would certainly not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisSnyman, General Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Bernice B.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is always most disheartening when guests have not enjoyed their experience with us.

Please be assured that as a management team we continually push the envelope to deliver exceptional hospitality and as such greatly appreciate your feedback in order for us to provide an improved product and service delivery going forward.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay and I trust we have not lost you as a valued guest as we would appreciate the opportunity to redeem our good name.

Should you wish to return to the Three Cities Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa in future please contact me directly in order for me to extend the necessary courtesies.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We only spent one night here and everything was very nice and the service was excellent the rooms are excellent value for money.

We booked bed and breakfast however Saturday morning it was raining I phoned asked if the could bring the breakfast to the room they went out of their way and brought us a huge spread staff was well trained and nothing was to much for them.

this was our second visit to this hotel and they will definitely see us again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice however its very little to pay fr the upgrade with the balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reywoeke4u

Dear Reywoeke4u,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is always most gratifying when our guests have enjoyed their experience with us.

I will most definitely share your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The service was fantastic, the staff on the service desk knew our names on arrival and never once asked who we were, every request we had, was dealt with quiet efficiency.

The hotel was beautiful, we had a vineyard suite which was large and well equipped. It had a large balcony which looked over a neighboring vineyard. Simply stunning. One of the best we have stayed in. Would love to come again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason P

Dear Jason P,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

La Franshoek I should definitely say is by far the best winter holiday accommodation I have been to and when I say that I don’t just mean that they are great in winter only but for me they were absolutely ideal for a winter getaway.

We arrived the Friday evening and were welcomed by very friendly staff at reception who checked us in within a matter of minutes, no waiting time or any admin fuss. The fire place close to the reception area warms the entire reception area and makes you feel like you at home. Once we were checked in, they escorted us to our room and took our bags up. It was extremely cold that Friday with a cold front that hit Cape Town, when we got to our rooms the staff set the aircon and under floor heating prior to our arrival so by the time we got there it was cosy and warm.

The carpet and soft bedding just adds to the room being more cosy than what it’s supposed to be and immediately made me want to get in bed and snooze away. We had dinner at all restaurants during our stay and the Saturday we spent the day at the market.

I was just surprised that they do not allow irons from their house keeping into the rooms, they collect it from you and charge you for ironing it. Then again that doesnt count if your expresso coffee machine in your room makes the best expresso! I wasnt too bothered about the ironing actually..

Everything were 5 star, the service, the food just everything! I would like to experience it in Summer, the backdrop of the mountains is certainly a sight to return to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chandre-CPT

Dear Chandre-CPT,

I will most definitely share your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer.