“Perfect getaway in a perfect setting”

Gable Manor Guest House
Ranked #43 of 63 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Hampton, Australia
“Perfect getaway in a perfect setting”
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Excellent all round - rooms, views, service, breakfasts etc. Airconditioned rooms and pool welcome respite from relentless March heat. Well situated for access to all attractions in area. Pre booking in service was outstanding - restaurants offering a variety of vegetarian options were researched and details forwarded to us, and booking made on our behalf at preferred venue. Thank you for making our stay memorable and restful - just what two stressed out career driven people needed!
Emma and Neil

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmNew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cape Town
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I am not the average guest, as I was kindly hosted for the duration of the Franschhoek Literary Festival, left my room early each day and returned only late at night, giving me no chance to "test" the amenities. But for my purposes, Gable Manors was a haven. My particular room was very big (and because of the weather) a bit dark (the only reason I haven't given an excellent on all scores), but this is absolutely not a complaint -- I was so grateful to get such a comfortable, luxuriously equipped and spotless refuge, I would have been happy with a room half the size.

I must particularly commend the attitudes of the staff. In a town in which standards of service are already high, everyone I encountered was warm, professional and unfailingly helpful, while never being too effusive. Carmen was a fantastic front of house, and gives an excellent first impression -- I just knew I was going to be taken care of.

The breakfasts were sublime -- I only regret that because I was "working", I couldn't ever linger over the full brunch menu. I recommend the potato and egg phyllo pie nonetheless...

The location quite high up in the village on the mountain slopes is superb if you want privacy and a feeling of getting away from it all -- I imagine that the balcony rooms overlooking the valley have superb views. Because the festival coincided with the most tremendous storm, I had to use my car instead of walking everywhere as I had hoped, so the location wasn't 100% perfect for me, but that was circumstantial.

I think Gable Manors would make a great venue for honeymooners wanting luxury on a budget.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank persephoneinAfrica
marlow
Reviewed 23 April 2009

This was a planned stay for friends and family following my sons wedding. What a memory we shall hold. Gable Manor is first class accommodation with everything in the rooms one could wish for. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We also hired two cottages managed by Gable Manor for other friends and family which were also exceptional with a pool as well.

I would rate this accommodation definitely 5 star and have no hesitation in recommending to friends.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Baltimore
Reviewed 20 April 2009

A wonderful bed and breakfast near the heart of Franschhoek. Excellent service and attention to detail from Don and his staff. Courtyard pool great for relaxing. Fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 18 March 2009

A five star bed and breakfast where rooms, courtyard pool and breakfast were without fault. Reservations were willingly made for the wonderful restaurants in Franschhoek - and what a wonderful selection. We stayed for four nights and will have to stay again to enjoy some of the ones we did not have time to visit!! Marlyn and Don's hospitality also included a Jazz evening and a reservation for a memorable evening in Cape Town. Thank you both. We hope to return again one day.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rebeccalillyuk
Franschhoek, South Africa
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We have always loved our stays at Gable Manor! We again received a very warm welcome, found the room tastefully decorated, fresh and comfortable, with every attention to detail - lovely soaps and bathsalts in the bathroom, quality cotton sheets and duvets, lovely soft pillows and towels. The breakfasts were delicious, and very accommodating of all tastes and requirements. The owners anticipated every one of our needs, and recommended and booked restaurants and wine-tastings. We look forward to our next stay at Gable Manor.

• Liked — The quality of the furnishes and fittings. Breakfast was immaculately presented - white linen & fresh flowers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FelicityJohannesburg
New Zealand
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Charming, friendly, luxurious, value for money. Stunning Location and situated near all the best restaurants and shops in Franschhoek. Highly recomended.

• Liked — the excellent amenities providided in the luxurious rooms.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LaraNewZealand