The grey one and I had been staying at The Cellars Hohenort where we were able to enjoy the lovely gardens so being close to the sea was a wonderful contrast. This is a true gem of an hotel with just 10 rooms and a Presidential Suite with two bedrooms. The property stands alone on the seashore a short drive from Hout Bay itself and just at the beginning of the scenic drive known as Chapman's Peak. There is a toll entry to the Peak of R30 for cars but if you tell the person in the booth that you are staying at the Hotel, they will issue you with a day pass. If you leave the hotel to go out after 7pm, you will be charged R30 but if you keep your receipts, the hotel will take this off your bill at the end of your stay.
If you arrive by car, you leave your car in the carpark just off the road and the security man will call a vehicle to come up and collect you and your luggage. A steep paved path runs down to the hotel which lies literally on the ocean. The decor is a mixture of seaside bits and pieces coupled with kitch French-style furniture all of which works brilliantly. This is more like a home stay and Reno and his lovely wife Melissa are really wonderful hosts. They cannot do enough to make you feel at home.
Each room is different in design. They are very spacious with a balcony (with 2 chairs and a small table) seemingly suspended over the sea. Inside are comfortable chairs in which to relax and look at the view. The beds are extremely comfortable and there are lovely soft, fluffy towels and robes. The bathrooms are very well-appointed with two basins, a screenless shower and a bath from which you can look out onto the sea below - heaven! There is even a decanter of port in the room should you need a last drink before bedtime. The mini-bar drinks are free and there are in-room tea/coffee making facilities. Rooms also have television and there is good (free) wi-fi throughout the hotel. A new swimming pool and deck has recently been added.
All in all, this is the most wonderful place - one of the best I have stayed in and I have travelled extensively. I would highly recommend it - it's just amazing!
This hotel is a true balm for anyone who wants to re-charge their batteries and so romantic for a honeymoon or just for lovers. The view out over the sea and Hout Bay is spectacular!
Breakfast can be taken either in the dining-room or on the deck outside. A lovely tea is served at around 4pm with an enormous cake, little skewers of meat, potato salad and pastries as well as a variety of teas and juices. The food is good here and last night we were treated to a typical Cape Malay 5-course menu - all excellent. The great thing here is that house wines, soft drinks and some spirits are all included for the duration of your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above a pebbled beach at the foot of Chapman's Peak, and overlooking the Cape's iconic Sentinel mountain, Tintswalo Atlantic sits sheltered by the Table Mountain National Park. As the only hotel permitted to operate within the boundaries of the word-renowned Heritage site, the lodge enjoys the very best of magnificent, panoramic ocean views, as well as access to the natural beauty found along the mountainside's winding hiking trails. With ten beautifully appointed suites and one regal presidential suite - all of which have been freshly re-furbished from floor to ceiling - Tintswalo Atlantic offers the luxuries of a world-class hotel, with personalized service and attention to detail. Managed by a host of dedicated staff, Tintswalo Atlantic offers guests nothing less than true Tintswalo hospitality, from the moment that they arrive at this seaside paradise. Enjoy sundowners on the deck beside the heated pool and share cooking tips with the charming Executive Chef, venture out to the quaint Hout Bay village, or take a drive to the nearby Cape Winelands for an unforgettable wine-tasting adventure. Located just a short, scenic drive from the vibrant city of Cape Town, guests can also embark on a suburban adventure into the heart of one of South Africa's most exciting and eclectic cultures. Having been described as the most dramatic and romantic destination in Southern Africa, Tintswalo Atlantic promises to remain an idyllic location to rejuvenate oneself, away from the stresses and distractions of modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, South African Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Tintswalo Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Hout Bay
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hout Bay, South Africa - Cape Town