The location is stunning about 20 minutes south of Cape Town towards the Cape. This coastal lodge is the only one on Chapman's Peak Drive. Each room is themed - we stayed in Robben, a tribute to Nelson Mandela.. All windows and rooms face directly out to the ocean - great for whale sightings. The service was outstanding; we were made to feel very much at home and nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent and the chef took time to describe the menu personally. Haut Bay is a small picturesque town with a good choice of restaurants and quite a few unusual shops and boutiques. A great place to stay for a couple of nights. We loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above a pebbled beach at the foot of Chapman's Peak, and overlooking the Cape's iconic Sentinel mountain, Tintswalo Atlantic sits sheltered by the Table Mountain National Park. As the only hotel permitted to operate within the boundaries of the word-renowned Heritage site, the lodge enjoys the very best of magnificent, panoramic ocean views, as well as access to the natural beauty found along the mountainside's winding hiking trails. With ten beautifully appointed suites and one regal presidential suite - all of which have been freshly re-furbished from floor to ceiling - Tintswalo Atlantic offers the luxuries of a world-class hotel, with personalized service and attention to detail. Managed by a host of dedicated staff, Tintswalo Atlantic offers guests nothing less than true Tintswalo hospitality, from the moment that they arrive at this seaside paradise. Enjoy sundowners on the deck beside the heated pool and share cooking tips with the charming Executive Chef, venture out to the quaint Hout Bay village, or take a drive to the nearby Cape Winelands for an unforgettable wine-tasting adventure. Located just a short, scenic drive from the vibrant city of Cape Town, guests can also embark on a suburban adventure into the heart of one of South Africa's most exciting and eclectic cultures. Having been described as the most dramatic and romantic destination in Southern Africa, Tintswalo Atlantic promises to remain an idyllic location to rejuvenate oneself, away from the stresses and distractions of modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, South African Hotels, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tintswalo Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Hout Bay
- Tintswalo Atlantic Hout Bay, South Africa - Cape Town