All reviewscorner suitegolden retrieverguest housecape townrestaurant reservationsevery morningfresh breadfantastic hostsbooking restaurantsbreakfast was deliciousfeel at homestayed nightsroom was spaciouswonderful staystunning viewspatrickcomb
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Cube in Hout Bay for 5 nights during July 2013. We received a very warm welcome from both the owners and the staff, who couldn't do enough for us. They managed to strike a great balance of being very helpful, whilst also leaving us to our own devices. A feat which is sometimes tricky for guest houses, we certainly never felt like we were imposing in someone elses' home. Pre-arrival, we were emailed to see if we needed any advice/restaurant/activity bookings, and they were more than happy to make our restaurant bookings for us ahead of time, which I would imagine is very necessary in high season!

Each morning we were met with a delicious but not over heavy breakfast, a far cry from some 'greasy fry ups' I have experienced in the past. Our eggs were cooked wonderfully to order and the staff were very friendly and polite, and you were left in peace to enjoy your food and the beautiful views.

The house has been designed to make the most of its wonderful setting with fantastic views - it really is very peaceful and enjoyable to be in.

Each morning Dirk came down to say hi, and see if we needed any advice for the day. He gave us maps and phoned ahead to Table mountain to check whether it was open - he really did help us make the most of our stay.

Great people, great house - you really can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed at the wooden cottage for the first night with my husband when I landed in Cape Town on 7th June. It was a rainy night and the view of the swimming pool from the room was so serene. The next morning woke up to a yummy breakfast prepared by the caretaker, Chester. The view of Hout Bay and the mountains that the guest house offered was pure bliss..It was a romantic start to our fun-filled holiday ahead!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This is a really lovely, beautiful, luxurious and excellent value design hotel!

I never stayed in a such elegant and posh hotel ever!
I enjoyed every single moment here. The view from our room was just spectacular, I loved the large windows and the small swimming pool!!!

The cottage is such a piece of design art!!
Great great people, such nice and sweet!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed in the Corner Suite for 6 nights in mid May.

The room has awesome views of Table Mountain and Hout Bay. Balcony was a pleasing feature of the room. Bathroom was kitted out to a high spec (and has a bath and separate shower), there's loads of wardrobe space and the bed was large and comfy. Also had Apple TV and I think that there were TV channels, although we didn't bother watching them. Minibar was reasonably priced and the cleaning service was top drawer. Security is first rate and the grounds are spectacular.

Dirk & Patrick are amazing hosts. Nothing is too much trouble and they are very knowledgeable about local restaurants and things to do. Dirk was kind enough to make reservations for us at several restaurants during our stay and they both helped us out with other things in any way that they could.

Breakfast was unbelievably good. Croissants, fresh fruit and yoghurt, cheese, meat, muesli, eggs made to order...the list goes on. Chester is the housekeeper; he is very keen to please and does a great job of looking after you. The dog, Paul, kept us company at breakfast each day and is brilliant to have around.

We booked car hire through CUBE's referral link and got a preferential rate and additional perks (e.g. unlimited mileage and no excess).

Wifi is included and is excellent.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. After reading the reviews on this site we found ourselves almost looking for faults, but couldn't find anything. It really is as good as everyone makes out.

Room Tip: Corner Room has incredible views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TwoRoflers
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My girlfriend and I were visiting Cape Town for the first time and we've booked 8 nights at the Cube Guest House. Best choice we could have made!! It was marvellous!!

We haven't done any real research on Cape Town and on what to do due to lack of time (Yeah, right). But help was near! Dirk and Patrick (with beautiful dog Paul) are the most helpful hosts you can imagine!
They sorted our desire for delicious food and recommended only the best restaurants in Cape Town. Every morning at the breakfast table, of which i will talk about later, they gave us so many tips how to spent our days. And not only this, they even helped us booking all the tickets.

Their guest house is a very beautiful piece of architecture. It's tasteful, spacious and very clean. Everything is kept to a modern and luxurious standard. It's an oasis of calm and peace. Just perfect for a holiday! The rooms are very comfortable and to a very high standard.

Every morning you couldn't wait to get up because it was breakfast time. Their breakfast is just fantastic. Whatever you wish for, it's there. Eggs whatever way you want 'em, fresh and delicious bread rolls, fresh fruit, coffee the way you wish for and the most amazing homemade marmelades. Out of this world. I never eat marmelade if i'm honest but for those days at the Cube Guest House I had marmelade every single morning. Couldn't get enough of it.

All in all i just can't recommend the Cube Guest House enough! It's the perfect stay. If you still don't know where to book, think no more. You won't regret it, trust me.
We'll definitely go back. If I could give more than five stars, I'd give ten.
We had our best holiday ever thanks to Patrick and Dirk. And Paul.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple