All reviewscorner suitegolden retrieverguest housecape townrestaurant reservationsevery morningfresh breadfantastic hostsbooking restaurantsbreakfast was deliciousfeel at homestayed nightsroom was spaciouswonderful staystunning viewspatrickcomb
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our days in Cube have been amazing, thanks to Dirk and Patrick. They are two amazing hosts, the house is fabulous and Hout Bay itself is a very nice and quite neigbourhood. And their dog is the most beautfil and relaxed dog I have ever seen. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cosmopolitan Suite, with its open-space bathroom. Perfect for couples!
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the CUBE house for two nights after several weeks of traveling through East Africa and it was the perfect place to stay to enjoy Cape Town. The location is tucked between Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope, allowing easy access to Table Mountain and all of the city's attractions as well as the cute beach towns on the Cape. The house is modern and beautifully decorated, a truly relaxing place to stay and the dog even matches the house!

We stayed in the smallest room, but it was still quite spacious, complete with comfortable bed and duvets. The bathroom had both a shower and soaking tub, which was amazing after weeks roughing it through East Africa.

What really sets the CUBE house apart was the breakfast and attentiveness of the owners and staff. Breakfast was amazing - eggs, fresh bread, cold meats, cheese, fruit, homemade jams, muesli, and yogurt. All this was served in a dining room with beautiful views of the mountains and Hout Bay.

Patrick and Dirk were so helpful in giving suggestions on where to eat and what to do. They really made our stay in Cape Town better than if we had planned everything on our own.

Bottom line: Go to Cape Town and stay at the CUBE house.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Cube in Hout Bay for 5 nights during July 2013. We received a very warm welcome from both the owners and the staff, who couldn't do enough for us. They managed to strike a great balance of being very helpful, whilst also leaving us to our own devices. A feat which is sometimes tricky for guest houses, we certainly never felt like we were imposing in someone elses' home. Pre-arrival, we were emailed to see if we needed any advice/restaurant/activity bookings, and they were more than happy to make our restaurant bookings for us ahead of time, which I would imagine is very necessary in high season!

Each morning we were met with a delicious but not over heavy breakfast, a far cry from some 'greasy fry ups' I have experienced in the past. Our eggs were cooked wonderfully to order and the staff were very friendly and polite, and you were left in peace to enjoy your food and the beautiful views.

The house has been designed to make the most of its wonderful setting with fantastic views - it really is very peaceful and enjoyable to be in.

Each morning Dirk came down to say hi, and see if we needed any advice for the day. He gave us maps and phoned ahead to Table mountain to check whether it was open - he really did help us make the most of our stay.

Great people, great house - you really can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed at the wooden cottage for the first night with my husband when I landed in Cape Town on 7th June. It was a rainy night and the view of the swimming pool from the room was so serene. The next morning woke up to a yummy breakfast prepared by the caretaker, Chester. The view of Hout Bay and the mountains that the guest house offered was pure bliss..It was a romantic start to our fun-filled holiday ahead!

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

This is a really lovely, beautiful, luxurious and excellent value design hotel!

I never stayed in a such elegant and posh hotel ever!
I enjoyed every single moment here. The view from our room was just spectacular, I loved the large windows and the small swimming pool!!!

The cottage is such a piece of design art!!
Great great people, such nice and sweet!!

• Stayed: June 2013