CUBE Guest House
Chapmans Peak Beach Hotel(Hout Bay)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$194
US$188
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
US$833
US$581
Travelocity
US$162
TripAdvisor
Nova Constantia Boutique Residence(Constantia)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$165
Agoda.com
Steenberg Hotel(Constantia)
US$195
US$176
The Last Word Constantia(Constantia)
US$283
US$276
All reviewscorner suitegolden retrieverview roomhotel experienceguest houseair conditionconsummate hostspole positionseparate buildingcape townbrilliant breakfastwarmest of welcomesrestaurant reservationsthree nightsweek tripfresh fruittable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Tripadvisor unfortunately deleted our review when I posted it right after our trip to CT.

We traveled as a couple and Dirk and Patrick are so welcoming and warm! Should we come back to CT, we will definitely book into the CUBE again.

We stayed in the Cottage during our stay, only for 3 nights though. We were informed that we shouldn't stay too long there since it's not air conditioned and it does get quite warm. The setting however, is magnificent.

Book Now! You won't regret the location and the hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgie M
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I write this review a few months after having been there in feb 2013 as my previous review was deleted somehow...

First of all i recommend hiring a car if wanting to see various sights around cape town. this is very easy, affordable and hassle-free. once this is out of the way, staying in CUBE guest house is perfect. It was perfectly placed for a drive west to the waterfront and table mountain (30 mins) or camps bay (15mins). also it allowed for easy trips east towards cape point.

CUBE itself was beautiful and clean with great gardens and pool to relax by and read a book. The breakfast was EXCELLENT (fresh pastries, breads, fruits, etc... as well as omelettes/eggs to your liking).

I was there with my girlfriend over her birthday and i thought it had that elegance and intimacy for a couple but equally i wouldn't hesitate going there with friends or family as the hosts Dirk and Patrick were very friendly, sociable (with excellent recommendations for restaurants, excursions... and even what to do if it rains!!!).

I believe the arrangements were room and breakfast only (no lunch or dinner), which suited us perfectly as the aim was to use it as a base to then venture out every day somewhere new for lunch and dinner.

Would fully recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Cube is a beautiful bed/breakfast with modern décor run by Patrick and Dirk and their two dogs(they will not bother you trust me). The dining area/main part of the house was stunning and I was embarrassed to take so many photos of the place. The breakfast room has a gorgeous view of Hout Bay from the upper hillside and I couldn’t believe how affordable the place was given how beautiful the home was. I honestly don’t know how they keep such a nice place with the rates they’re charging. The photos of the place on this website really don’t do it justice.

Breakfast was tasty with fresh bread delivered daily, freshly squeezed orange juice, diced mixed fruit, yogurt, eggs how you want it, etc etc etc.

Dirk and Patrick are perfect hosts and make you feel so welcome. My wife and I have done multiple b&b’s in Europe over the last few years and dirk/Patrick have easily been the best hosts. Aside from being super polite, they went above and beyond. Dirk offered to help us book our table mountain tickets online(which gives you a discount), he hooked us up with a discounted car rental rate through their b/b connections, and told us about a festival that was going on where locals gather in the evening for food and live music which turned out to be one of our trip highlights(we were the only tourists there!) Lastly, Dirk even offered to let me make an international call when I had trouble with my credit card. I felt really guilty about that one, but they really bailed me out on that one.

For five nights, we stayed at the comb room which had a great view of the town from the upper hillside and a personal roof-top terrace. Its access is separate from the main house so you can come and go without worrying about waking up the house(although there is a separate room with its own access underneath you so you still want to be courteous). Room was very clean with modern fixtures. And oh yes, I was excited to find they have 2 ply toilet paper. It’s all about the little things. The only nit-picky thing I have to say is that their shower pressure is on the light side, but honestly, who cares. The place is gorgeous and the owners are awesome. I only mention the shower to prevent any future nuts that may expect elephant grade shower spray and give a bad review.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I felt perfectly safe in Hout Bay and this nice neighborhood too of course. It’s a great place to stay. My wife and I had concerns about the safety in south Africa/capetown, but Dirk reassured us it was safe as long as we weren’t idiots(he didn’t word it like that of course) and he was absolutely right. We found it was safe to drive around at night and eating at the restaurants in the evening was fine. I had my reservations about staying in Hout Bay and not in central cape town, but I’m definitely glad I picked the cube in hout bay. I had made the right choice for my vacation. Thanks Dirk and Patrick!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our days in Cube have been amazing, thanks to Dirk and Patrick. They are two amazing hosts, the house is fabulous and Hout Bay itself is a very nice and quite neigbourhood. And their dog is the most beautfil and relaxed dog I have ever seen. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cosmopolitan Suite, with its open-space bathroom. Perfect for couples!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the CUBE house for two nights after several weeks of traveling through East Africa and it was the perfect place to stay to enjoy Cape Town. The location is tucked between Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope, allowing easy access to Table Mountain and all of the city's attractions as well as the cute beach towns on the Cape. The house is modern and beautifully decorated, a truly relaxing place to stay and the dog even matches the house!

We stayed in the smallest room, but it was still quite spacious, complete with comfortable bed and duvets. The bathroom had both a shower and soaking tub, which was amazing after weeks roughing it through East Africa.

What really sets the CUBE house apart was the breakfast and attentiveness of the owners and staff. Breakfast was amazing - eggs, fresh bread, cold meats, cheese, fruit, homemade jams, muesli, and yogurt. All this was served in a dining room with beautiful views of the mountains and Hout Bay.

Patrick and Dirk were so helpful in giving suggestions on where to eat and what to do. They really made our stay in Cape Town better than if we had planned everything on our own.

Bottom line: Go to Cape Town and stay at the CUBE house.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple