“Great seafood and great views”

The Lookout Deck Hout Bay Restaurant, Bar & Sushi
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Lookout Deck Hout Bay arguably boasts one of the best views in the Western Cape. Situated on the water's edge in the Hout Bay harbour, the restaurant boasts breathtaking mountain and ocean views.The restaurant has an extensive menu including: premier seafood, freshly caught line fish from the local fisherman, live Cape rock lobster, succulent LM prawns, juicy black tiger prawns, fresh steamed black mussels, as well as the finest cuts of A-grade meat. There's a great selection of appetizing salads, wood-fired pizzas and hearty breakfasts.Japan meets Hout Bay with a new Sushi Bar on the deck. Wasabi greets Sashimi with Maki & California rolls and more on the side!The Oyster Bar continues to draw cheers with Champagne accompanying chucked live oysters.The bar stocks local and international beers, including Amstel, Stella and Castle Lite on tap. The wine list reflects the wine growing regions of the Cape.Enjoy sensational sundowners and cocktails whilst listening to local live music on selected evenings.
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look like much from outside but step inside and you'll find a relaxed environment with great views of the busy Hout Bay harbour.
Service was good, food was good - huge pizzas and tasty seafood. Good selection of sushi and nice wine list.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Arrived at about 4pm , relaxed, had some wine while we watched boats coming in with the catch of the day, family was most impressed with some guy feeding seals from his mouth.
It must be said that what added to a truly great experience was the amazing weather.
Our waiter was excellent, very tentative and persuaded us to have some foccachia while we waited for other guests, good call.
When we finally decided to eat we were not disappointed by the waiter choices.
Will definitely go back when we in Cape Town again

3  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Not quite sure if my post was submitted cause it doesn't show and I truly want everyone to read my review!!!!

A couple of years ago I visited the Lookout Deck and had the worst experience anyone could ever begin to imagine. I vowed to never set foot in the restaurant again.

My friends persuaded me to join them and after much debate I ended up your restaurant. But thanx to our waiter Marlow who wined and dined us with 5 star service The Lookout deck has gained my trust.His extensive knowledge of the Menu, the wine which he recommended, the dessert all accompanied each other very well. Marlow you are an asset to the restaurant and thank you for looking after us. I will most definitely visit The Lookout Deck again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a seafood platter (delux) for 2.

It was $75 Australian dollars, fed two hungry adult women and we had leftovers (heaps) to take home.

There was nothing I could say against this, if it had langoustines I may have done cartwheels.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you fancy fish and chips, or anything else from the menu and you want to sit somewhere comfortable watching the water then this is the place. Friendly service, good quality food and a great view what more could you ask!

2  Thank MillyWestYorks