“good place to hang out”
Review of Pirates Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pirates Grill
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good atmosphere, especially to watch sport. Service good and friendly. Food good, but unfortunately the restaurant area lacks atmosphere.
The main bar area is best to have a drink and watch sport but for me the big downer is they allow smoking, so as a general rule its my second choice to other bars.

There are newer reviews for Pirates Grill

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I live in hout bay. A few of my friends rave about the steaks and I think the ribs at pirates. On a really hot sunday evening we felt like burgers, which was a big mistake.. they tasted like processed meat. We were so beyond disappointed. I will never go back. To be honest ive no idea why we went there in the first place. Its a dive.. but nice staff.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've been to Houtbay Pub and Grill a number of times. The decay is getting worse. Tables are broken and dirty. I will not use the toilets. Service average. It is really a pity as the food it not too bad and the chicken schnitzel is good. Not sure if, given the state of the restaurant, that I will eat there again.

Werner de Waal

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went there late one night after a very long day. Service was great from the very friendly waitress. Food was traditional pub food - actually quite a good selection and quite fresh for ordering at 9.30 pm. We were treated like kings even though we were probably the only people in there at that time on week day. Highly recommended - well done guys!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The little steak squares were absolutely brilliant and the fact that the restaurant opened until late was a wonderful surprise. Great company and friendly staff and patrons