“Pescarne Mothers day dinner”
Review of Pescarne - CLOSED

Pescarne
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pescarne... Engineering Food... Where passion for food and service still lives with pride. We consider ourselves a truly South African restaurant with a Spanish / Portuguese / Italian name... And as is suggested...We do both meat and seafood very well with the majority of our signature dishes proudly boasting these combinations. From our wild oysters to the homemade Amarula panacotta and every culinary delight between... Come and enjoy perfectly engineered food with subliminal service from the people who thrive on trying to make your experience a fantastically memorable one.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pescarne Mothers day dinner”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I decided to try this restaurant for dinner as Mothers day lunch was fully booked. I am so happy I did. Possibly the best steak I have had in a very long time. Attentive service, absolutely outstanding food. We enjoyed it so much that we ordered desserts as well - equally good! I will definitely recommend this hidden gem!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JenniPringleart

Hout Bay, South Africa
“Best meat in Hout Bay”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It took us some time to go to Pescarne...just because of the name really as we do not like to mix fish and meat. It was recommended by some friends so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed and will come back for extremely good beef. Service was good and attentive and the interior very pleasantly decorated.

Visited April 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Wonderful Dinner - Excellent service”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We did not plan to go to this restaurant but we were very glad we finally did. Wonderful meat (They do know who to do rare here!! Such a change from Austrian food!) and great fish. Big servings, you will not leave this place hungry and the service is charming, friendly and very caring. I would definitely go back again, and again and again.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meat & excellent service a must go when in Hout Bay”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Herman the chef had worked with Gavin at the Hout Bay Butcher's grill about 10 years ago. Anyone who knows Hout Bay would know that grill was about the best meat you could have in the Cape Town area. Herman has done it again and today you can have excellent fish and even sushi which goes really well if you do a starter of sushi and then a nice steak. I suggest the filet, sirloin or even the tartar that is absolutely amazing. Only little improvement: I would like a bit more "advice" when it comes to wines. Part of the Butcher's gill amusement was that the waitpersons would literally give you a lecture on South African wines - that is somewhat missing at Pescarne. But it is a minor thing, if you know a bit about wines, you can select a good one from the good list yourself!

• Visited April 2014
leicester uk
“Poor.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The web site is fab. The restaurant is tucked away in Hout Bay and from the outside looks top notch. The only thing however to come out of our evening was a charming waitress who really ought to look elsewhere for a job.
The starter was tempura prawn. Tasty but almost cold. It must have been out the oil for a good 5 mins before we were given it.
Mains. My wife had calamari in a variety of spices. It was boring. Rubbery calamari with no discernable coating. Had better in local pubs. I ordered a 500g rib eye steak. I cut into it-it was virtually cold. I could not eat it. I returned it to the kitchen and it then reappeared acceptably hot. By then the chips had gone. I only received fresh chips for the last mouthful of the meal. The steak was fine albeit i ended up eating alone as my wife had long finished. I also ordered mushrooms which were almost cold when they hit the table.
I can only assume the chef had taken the raw meat straight out of a fridge before putting it on the grill. It also came with a coating of what tasted like burnt sesame seeds. Horrid.
Bearing in mind we also ordered an expensive wine the evening was little short of a wipe out.
I also had a "pudding" which was a very watery pannacota albeit with a really tasty sauce of amarula.
This restaurant does not live up to its own hype. I hate posting negative reviews but was left with no choice. Interstingly at the end of the meal i completed an enquiry survey giving my e mail address and phone number. Had somebody bothered to call i would not have posted this review. They didnt.

Visited April 2014