I was asking for accomodation for four adults, sleeping in one double and two single beds.
Got offered a room with "both single beds and a double bed" in their "suite".
When we arrived, that "suite" turned out to be just an average room with one double-bed and a tiny sleeper-couch, not even made up as a bed...
Apart from the fact that the room was too small for four, there wouldn't have been enough space for four pieces of luggage if the sleeper couch was unfolded. It was absolutely impossible for four adults to share that room and also impossible for two adults to sleep on that little couch for five nights.
The solution they offered to our fellow travellers was a separate room for the first two nights, anoher B&B for the third night and again a different room at H.B.V. for the last two nights.
No apologies from their side, we even had to pay the balance between their rate and the rate of the foreign B&B for that one night...
I can judge three of their rooms:
- The so called suite is just a room, big enough for two and maybe one child, big sliding door, nice views facing to the east, boiling hot with the first sunrays.
- One room in the backyard: quite big, shady, a bit dark though, door to the patio is good to let some fresh air in.
- one room in the main building: big enough, two windows, but only very small sections to be opened, so no air, sticky and hot.
The breakfast was also disappointing. Miles away from "full English". We didn't even had the choice between sausage and bacon. No beans, no mushrooms, no fried tomatoes, cheap orange juice.
This place is overpriced and overrated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensationally positioned with many enviable and panoramic views of the Table Mountain range and the ocean, with unsurpassed vistas of the famous Chapmans Peak. Recently renovated to provide you with the latest amenities and comforts. We invite you to join us and experience generous hospitality and service levels that exceed expectations. All bedrooms are well appointed with your comfort in mind. Enjoy and savour our homemade breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hout Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hout Bay View South Africa - Cape Town